Just Labradors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...finish shoveling my driveway? I got about 1/4 done this morning before the propane guy came...(at least he got up the driveway). Happily I got the base near the road done just AFTER the county plowed. I think each shovelful weighs 30-35 pounds

It is very heavy snow, slush underneath and all I want to do is curl up on the couch and nap...I can not stop yawning. If I do not get it completely shoveled, I will spend the rest of the winter here (slush on a gravel driveway with no 4WD equals....sigh...). I have a client dropping off a dog at 7:00 so i need to get it fairly well done by then.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Not me. I have to do my own, but I just don't have the motivation. It's almost spring, right?

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you hand shovel your driveway? Isn't it 1/4 mile long almost? Holy Smokes, I am not shoveling anything. It IS heavy snow.
Ya, that's my driveway! And trying to keep track of 8 dogs at the same time...my neighbors (who I am sure already tink I am a whaco), probably just hear me cussing at the dogs "Get Back Here!! and wonder what the heck "Belle! Hoss! Kodi! Red! Ober! Sandy! Concho! Bud! means!! (and I add Murphy to the mix tonight, but Concho goes home...)

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Time to get a snow blower...shoveling SUCKS!
Got one, but I can not start it...I have to add the electric start to it next year. I don't think I have the umpf to pull start engines anymore. Add that frustration to the morning ritual this morning/(late last night)...talk about cussing like a sailor!

·
Registered
8,812 Posts
I've had enough of my own to do this winter. Just a warning. You are right, the wet snow is very heavy. Feb. of 2007, I was shoveling deep wet snow and all of a sudden I felt something pop as I was lifting the shovel. I tore my rotator cuff and ended up having surgery two months later. Not a fun thing, so be careful.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts