Just Labradors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going up there to visit a friend in Bristol and was wondering if there were any fun places to take dogs. She has a collie pup and we'll be bringing Thor up there. Please let me know. Thank you :)

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
I'm in CT - used to live in Bristol for a short spell, too!!! Where are you traveling from?

Park right in Bristol -

http://www.bristoldogpark.com/

EDITED - I just realized it's not quite open yet. Another great park is in Southbury (probably about 20 minutes from Bristol) - No website, but here's some info:

Southbury Off-Leash Area
chairs, stream, poop bags. Park is fenced in on three sides. Back of the park has a river for swimming for dogs. Basket with toys for the dogs in center of field. Benches throughout the riverside. Table and Chairs in the center of the field. Driving Directions: 84 to exit 15. Take right off exit, third light (Rt. 67) take left. About a half mile down, turn right into O&G Industries. Park is on right, about a hundred yards down.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Brenda. I'm traveling up from South Eastern Virginia. I'll send these directions to her! :) Thanks again!

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
Cool! I travel to that Southbury one often. It's really great - It takes me about 50 minutes for me to get there; just goes to show how much I love it!!!

Really nice in the warmer weather, cuz there's lots of swimming. You'll still have fun, there are lots of other great dog owners there.

Have fun and let me know how you like it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts