Just Labradors banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kayla loves squeaky toys, but they don't seem last very long. She destroys them in a matter of an hour or so. She get's so very excited when I buy her one, but then she kills it!! Does anybody know of toys that last longer and what is your labs favorite toy?

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
The Cuz has held up well to HKs worst intentions. And the **** thing still squeaks the most annoying sound which HK seems to love.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
I still have squeaky toys from my when my old girl was a pup. She was very gentle on her toys. Sorry, I'm not much help. (and believe me when I say I don't expect these toys to last long once a new pup gets his mouth on them).

·
Registered
11,445 Posts
Yeah.. We have two of the Cuz toys. One of them has a broken squeaker (THANKFULLY!) and the other one is the DinoCuz. They are pretty durable and they make a really annoying squeak, which Abbey LOVES.

The rest of her toys are kongs, Nylabones, tennis balls, other squeaky rubber toys, etc.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
I only let Bauer play with squeaky/stuffed toys when I can watch him. As long as he is "playing" (tossing it in the air, flipping it around, etc.), he can keep it. As soon as he lays down with it, gets serious, and starts concentrating on opening a seam . . . I take it away. That really doesn't happen very often anymore. He knows that it will get taken away if he doesn't "play nice."

His favorite is the Kong stuffing-free snake. It feels like a stuffed toy, but isn't really stuffed with anyting. He folds it in 3rds, and carries it around in his mouth.

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
Sigh....none here.

Dino cuz? Missing his tail

Regular Cuz? Missing both feet

Black super durable kong? He ate half of it :eek:

Wubba? He's shredded the tassles

Tough dog toys? Not so tough.

We do have a giant tree limb that fell in the back yard that he's been pulling around the yard....:rolleyes: does that count?

·
Registered
618 Posts
Kongs are the best for Maggie. That is the only toy that she has not chewed to bits.

Nylabones last a long time too.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
We do have a giant tree limb that fell in the back yard that he's been pulling around the yard....:rolleyes: does that count?
LOL . . . Bauer loves to find limbs and drag them all over the yard. We have a woodpile that is about 50 yards from our house, and Bauer also loves to get logs and drag them up to the front door. The bigger the better!

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Sigh....none here.

Dino cuz? Missing his tail

Regular Cuz? Missing both feet

Black super durable kong? He ate half of it :eek:

Wubba? He's shredded the tassles

Tough dog toys? Not so tough.

Wow, do you have a dog or a tiger?

I have a few feet-less cuz as well. My dog's love the nylabone ring, but I haven't been able to find it the last few times I went shopping.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Do you have the regular wubba (http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3206977) or the snugga wubba (http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3204870)? I'm wondering which one will hold up best to a lab pup ...
We have had both, and the Snugga Wubba actually lasted longer than the regular one. For some reason, the fleece is not as inviting to chew on as the sturdier fabric.

We have three small squeaky toys that were from WalMart, and have held up beautifully. Shadow played with them a lot, the boys not so much. The Cuz had held up really well, too.

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
I still have squeaky toys from my when my old girl was a pup. She was very gentle on her toys. Sorry, I'm not much help. (and believe me when I say I don't expect these toys to last long once a new pup gets his mouth on them).
Same here. The main reason Caleb has so many toys is because most of them were ****'s. Some of those toys are almost 18 years old. :eek:

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Have you tried tuffie toys. They have heald up pretty well even with my two playing tug with them. Neither of them are true power chewers but Zeus will destuff a plush toy with the best of them. They both like them a lot I think I got them at sitstay.com

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
Chamois can destroy nearly any "indestructable" toy on the market. But I've found that in addition to kongs and nylabones, the Orbee tuff toys from Planet Dog tend to stay around for longer than most (though not the flyer, that gets destroyed in very short order). They have the added benefit of a minty flavor/scent when new that the dogs love and that makes their breath a bit less, well, doggy. I've had less success with the Cuz toys though the pups love them and the latest batch have retained feet longer than previous ones, and we have two regular wubbas that are outside fetch toys and holding up OK (the snugga, however, had a VERY short life in our house)...

·
Registered
810 Posts
II have had good luck with tuffies. They do last better than most of the cheeper ones however they are not indestructible. If you leave them alone with them and they find a weak spot they will work at it until it’s a pile of thread and stuffing.

http://vipproducts.com/retail/files/index.php?cPath=27

Willow ands Autumn do love playing with the tug-o-war toy and so far is has held up to 2 labs tugging on it. I have had this one for about 6 months and so far no signs of weakness.. http://www.vipproducts.com/retail/files/index.php?cPath=27_33_38

Petco and Pet smart do sell them but thay also have toys that look similar but are sheeper.. make sure it is a Tuffie and not the cheaper version.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
With only (ha, only!) 46 days to go until I get to bring the pup home we went out and bought a few things and did some puppy food research/pricing. We bought him a medium good cuz, a collar and a retrieving dummy. There are a few more toys I'm planning to pick up, but there's plenty of time to do that.

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3207032

1 - 17 of 17 Posts