Just Labradors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been given the task of creating a "power point" type presentation for my boss' retirment party. It is supposed to be of his life and contributions to wildlife conservation. There were no specifications about how long or what it should contain. BUT, there will be between 200-400 people viewing it. YIKES! I have never used Power Point or anything like it.

Is it hard to add music? Right now I an scaning pictures fromthe last 40-50 years of his life, and trying to gather information to put to it.

I think I am over my head on this!!!

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Oh man, I wish we lived closer. I could help you. I learned from using it. Maybe a Power Point for Dummies book? Or Video Professor?

·
0 Posts
Power Point is actually pretty easy to work with and adding sound files isn't hard. Relax and just play with it a bit. I'll gladly offer some hints/assistance if you need them.

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
I just learned from playing with it. The help section of most microsoft programs is pretty helpful too you can type a question and it will give you sections that are related. Good luck. I you have specific questions you can probably ask here and someone can point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
I love doing ppt presentations! Like others here, I just started fooling around with it, trying different things. If you've got the time, start experimenting with it and let the "Help" feature be your tutor. Powerpoint "help" really is very straightforward. :)

Have fun! :)

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
I love Power Point! It's very easy to use. The best way to learn it is to play with it. I would suggest no more than 20 minutes, people will get bored. Try to add some funny things in there too. Maybe you could did up his original application to put on there. We had a farewell party for our President on Tuesday. They had a presentation with interviews and pictures of him. I was on there with my goodbye. It was very sad. He gave me a big hug, I cried.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Idiots here seem to confuse Power Point with WORD and end up working on these 238-page text documents in Ppt and then goofing them up with all kinds of weird pix because 'it's fun.' And then they stand there in their presentations and read verbatim what they've just handed out anyway.

I hate corporate-schmorporate presentations because so few people do them well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts