Just Labradors banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - it has been a long time since I've been on so a lot of you probably don't even know me and my dogs.

Last November Moose and I were at a dog trial working on what I had hoped to be his last CD leg and Rally Ex. During the Rally Ex Moose hit the last jump with his front paw. Shortly thereafter going thru the Novice Obed course he started limping and we had to stop.

We went to the vet the following weekend, had xrays and everything looked fine so they diagnosed soft tissue injury.

8 weeks later he is still limping so off to a Ortho vet. He still thinks we should assume it to be a soft tissue injury and suggested I try short walks to see if we could build back up the muscle. Nothing has changed, possibly a little worse.

So this morning we went back to the vet and he now thinks we may be dealing with a tear. Moose goes in for a ultrasound next Thursday and we will see. I can't believe I'm hoping there is a tear. I just want to be able to get my boy back to 100%. We have not been doing anything - other than sort walks. He seemed mopey for quite a while, but these last few weeks he seems happier than he was for a while. Guess he is adapting to his routine - but I'd be much happier if we could get back to working.

I have not idea what to expect. I went thru TPLO surgery with Sky, but have no idea what it would be like for a shoulder. Anyone have any experiences they can share?

And of course - good thoughts would be appreciated too!

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Prayers and good thoughts for Moose that it's just a tear, preferably one that will mend on it's own.

We went through something similar with Shadow and had to rest her for almost 3 months before she was better.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts