Just Labradors banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do this shift report and there is this function which checks if two lines match

It goes,

IF(C41-C38=0,B52,B53)

The true returns a blank line, and the false returns 'ERROR LINE 51 DOES NOT EQUAL LINE 49'

The problem is whether or not 'C41-C38=0' it displays the error.

It's making me bonkers.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It shows the false answer when the condition is actually true.

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
that would drive me bonkers too!

I'm sure you did this but juuust in case...did you check to make sure all of the numbers are entered correctly and your formula is right?

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
The first thing I would do is check the cells -

The way it's written, if that calculation = 0, then it will put whatever is in cell B52. So I'd check that cell first. If it's not = to 0 it puts whatever is in cell B53, so I'd check that one. Then I'd check your formula cells to make sure they are what you think they are.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yep. its something as simple 1234.56 - 1234.56, if it = 0 great, if it doesn't display error. but its displaying the error when the two do equal 0.

the only difference between the two numbers is one is bold and the other isn't

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
sure your formula is pointing to the right cells?

And isn't it that the first thing after the comma is for the false? It's been a few months since I had to do stuff like that in excell.

·
Registered
192 Posts
karebella said:
It shows the false answer when the condition is actually true.
Make sure your spreadsheet is on automatic calculation. You can do this by going to tools ->options-> calculations-> automatic

Alternatively, you can press f9 to recalc the spreadsheet.

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
Are there decimals? Is it rounding? Could it be that it's rounding to the same number, but if it carries the decimal out they are different? So it LOOKS like they're the same, but the error message is really correct?

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
oooh, it could be the last thing. will look into that!

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
Is it a confidential report? If not, you could email it to me and I could look at it. I can't guarantee I'd find the problem, but it would at least get us closer than trying to understand through O&E.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah, its confidential
its got to be so simple since i just can't figure it out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts