Just Labradors banner

Antivirus software question

407 views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  Paddysmom 
#1 ·
If your antivirus software is running a scan, can you continue to work in other applications? I've always been hesitant to do that as a complete scan can run close to two hours and I'd hate to have to start it all over again just because I couldn't wait to get to JL.

TIA

#3 ·
I continue to do what I want, Nance. A lot of it has to do with how much memory you have. Some scans can really bog down your computer if you don't have the memory. I am mindful of how many windows I have open and what else I'm doing, but I do surf while the scan is running.

#4 ·
Thanks, ladies. Jackie, I have it set to run during the night but it detected a Trojan virus this morning when I clicked open something in Photobucket. The scan actually ran 1 hour, 43 minutes.

I'll check the memory, Laura. I think there is plenty on this computer but I'd have to check to see what it came with. I remember opting for a LOT because of all the images I access or store on her.

#12 ·
this is one of the best anti-virus scanner I've used. It has found an eliminated some viruses my expensive (PCcillin internet security pack) finds but can't heal, delete, quarantine etc....this one is fantastic...it's the fastest scan I've ever used...takes a relatively short period of time and comes highly recommended by Cnet review....and it's FREE....

#13 ·
Dad of Toby said:
this is one of the best anti-virus scanner I've used. It has found an eliminated some viruses my expensive (PCcillin internet security pack) finds but can't heal, delete, quarantine etc....this one is fantastic...it's the fastest scan I've ever used...takes a relatively short period of time and comes highly recommended by Cnet review....and it's FREE....
DoT - all the PC-cillin sites I looked at charge $49.95 per year.

#14 ·
Paddysmom said:
Dad of Toby said:
DoT - all the PC-cillin sites I looked at charge $49.95 per year.
That's right...that is the "expensive" anti-virus package I have....it doesn't find and eliminate all the viruses.....the http://www.download.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.html?tag=mncol finds them all and eliminates them...often the PCcillin (trend micro) will find them but can't eliminate them....I'm not sure what good finding them but not eliminating them does?

Sorry Nance...I forgot to post the link to the Malwarebyte site before...now I see where the confusion is....my bad..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.