Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I am!! I really dislike going out to social functions- so much so that I will make up reasons not to go. Its not like I don't like going out and doing things. But I like going with my family or close friends. We have a wedding this weekend, and I actually was hoping I could get the "swine flu" from one of my pts. so I didn't have to go! I kid, sort of!! I really don't want to go. My brother will be in town and I would rather spend the evening hanging out with my family, my brother and just laughing and having a good time with them. Friends from work get together freq., invite me, I have absolutely no desire to go! Anyone else like this! I know I'm a freak, but give me a campfire, some close friends, family, my pooch and I'm a happy! Besides I have to dress up for this stupid wedding and I don't want to!!:rolleyes::D

·
Registered
9,693 Posts
Don't find that anti social at all - if not a good friend or my dogs or Paul, I can even find reasons to skip MOST of the family stuff - I am not close to anyone in my family...and Paul's family is lovely but would celebrate blue butterfly on green grass day if they could - so I skip lots of those too!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Me!! I'm known to cancel things at the last minute. Or like the 50th wedding anniversary invite to Paul's Aunt & Uncle from this past weekend. What invitation? I never got an invitation! *whistles innocently*

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Paul's family is lovely but would celebrate blue butterfly on green grass day if they could - so I skip lots of those too!
Now that made me laugh!! DH's family is the same way- I love them all, but jeez people do we really have to get together for every little thing!! Freq. I will offer to work so I don't have to go.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Me!! I'm known to cancel things at the last minute. Or like the 50th wedding anniversary invite to Paul's Aunt & Uncle from this past weekend. What invitation? I never got an invitation! *whistles innocently*
:D:D I freq. send gifts but don't go to the event! DH says you don't want to go to a wedding in town, but you'll drive 5 hrs. to go to an event with your cousins- "well I can't help it if my cousins are more fun then your family":D Besides an event in Idaho, usually doesn't involve dressing up, its usually held outside and involves 4 wheelers, fire pits and good times!! Not to mention lots of beer and wine!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
its usually held outside and involves 4 wheelers, fire pits and good times!! Not to mention lots of beer and wine!
Now that's my kind of get-together!! :D

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
Not anti-social...more introverted? just part of your personality, I believe

I am that way.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
I believe one of the great advantages of being married is the ability to use your spouse as an excuse to avoid social situations. A spouse who travels for business is irreplaceable.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
I think I am!! I really dislike going out to social functions- so much so that I will make up reasons not to go. Its not like I don't like going out and doing things. But I like going with my family or close friends. We have a wedding this weekend, and I actually was hoping I could get the "swine flu" from one of my pts. so I didn't have to go! I kid, sort of!! I really don't want to go. My brother will be in town and I would rather spend the evening hanging out with my family, my brother and just laughing and having a good time with them. Friends from work get together freq., invite me, I have absolutely no desire to go! Anyone else like this! I know I'm a freak, but give me a campfire, some close friends, family, my pooch and I'm a happy! Besides I have to dress up for this stupid wedding and I don't want to!!:rolleyes::D
So - go to the wedding, make a brief appearance and say that you had other plans but didn't want to blow them off. Then leave, change into jeans, and go hang out with your family! :D

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
I am the same way, if not worse. I truly think I could live without seeing another person and be happy. Might miss dog shows though......

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not anti-social...more introverted? just part of your personality, I believe

I am that way.
:D:D introverted, hmmmm never been called that:) Opinionated, sarcastic, annoying, but introverted.... I think they wish I was:D

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
one of the advantages to getting older is caring less and less what other people want/expect of you. :D

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So - go to the wedding, make a brief appearance and say that you had other plans but didn't want to blow them off. Then leave, change into jeans, and go hang out with your family! :D
I would do this, but we've known about the wedding for months, my brothers visit just came about in the last few days! DH- dear sweet guy that he is, isn't letting me out of this one- its his brothers son, our nephews wedding and I'm stuck:rolleyes: I work Thurs, and Fri. theres still time for the "swine flu" to do the trick:D

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
:D:D I freq. send gifts but don't go to the event! DH says you don't want to go to a wedding in town, but you'll drive 5 hrs. to go to an event with your cousins- "well I can't help it if my cousins are more fun then your family":D Besides an event in Idaho, usually doesn't involve dressing up, its usually held outside and involves 4 wheelers, fire pits and good times!! Not to mention lots of beer and wine!
Well, if you expect him to go to your family functions you should go to his. It makes it easier on everyone. Maybe they would be a little more fun if you got to know them better?

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
'Social events' for the past 5 years involving more that the DW and I.
Wedding 1, our son
Wedding 2, our daughter
Wedding 3, our other daughter this October

Fortunately no funerals

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
Around here - it's more you disappoint them anyhow - why not live up to the reputation!
works for me! i'm sure i'm a disappointment to the inbreds. i bet you can tell how bad i feel about it from there.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, if you expect him to go to your family functions you should go to his. It makes it easier on everyone. Maybe they would be a little more fun if you got to know them better?
We've been together 31 yrs. I know them really well! I actually like them- its the whole social function of it. I never expect him to come with me, sometimes he does, but freq. he can't because of his work schedule. I'm way fine with it either way! The trip to Idaho is once a year, the social functions his family has are freq. big family- that celebrate every little thing-:eek:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts