Just Labradors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there something I can use on my dog's feet to keep her from slipping on tile? Our training facility is slick tile floor and Pixie is slipping all over. I saw something I can buy for it but is there anything I can use that I might have at home while I wait for the product?

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Maybe trimming the hairs on the bottom of the feet would help.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Dr Fosters and Smith Catalog and other pet supplie cataloges have rubber toe nail covers (Glue on) that might also help. The best thing to do might be to suggest that the training facility gets some industrial welcome carpet runners to place in the training area. Just mention that the risk of injury to people and pets would be less, usually anything that limits liability will get results especially if it is a place like Petsmart or similiar.

Kelly and Amber

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Micks mom, I have actually ordered the show foot...sounds like it will do the trick. Just thought maybe someone knew a home remedy while I wait for the mailman.

I have been training at this facility for 3 years now and never had a problem with the dogs, but with our little new pup she is all over, mostly because she is trying to run to the other dogs to play. Once she gets better listening I think the biggest problem will be solved. But now that I know there is a problem with the floor I am surprised no one else has mentioned this before or that no one else has had an injury. Could be we only train inside when the weather is bad (mostly during winter) and maybe no one has had a problem in those few months.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts