Just Labradors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im still struggling to keep sappers shedding down. I got a furminator and it seems to be working, but he still sheds like crazy. Is there any shampoos that really work? I have to vacuum every other day so im desperate to figure something out.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Your lucky...you only vacuum eod...I do it EVERYDAY!!! I don't worry about stopping the shedding...I just swifter and vacuum...it's kinda theraputic!

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Well, we are experiencing a LOT less shedding after switching foods a couple of months ago. I have switched foods several times, but have never noticed this dramatic of a difference. We switched to Acana Pacifica, and now their coats feel absolutely, unbelievably soft. Like puppies. I love it. I have always brushed them once a week (Angus with a Zoom Groom, and Simon with a slicker), but the last few times I've brushed them I've hardly gotten anything out compared to before.

·
Registered
9,926 Posts
I wish there was a magic shampoo. I vaccuum every day or at least 2nd day and brush Ernie regularly.
I wonder if longer coats like Erns shed more than the Lab at the park today. It had a very fine coat and when I patted him no fur on my hand. Yet I would have a lot with Erns.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I wish there was a solution to this as well. Katie is shedding something awful. I have always had golden retrievers and mind you they shed and really blew their coat a couple times a year but Katie has them beat hands down. I have never seen a dog shed as much as her.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts