Just Labradors banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my Mom and my niece to the Detroit Institute of Arts (DIA) exhibit this weekend. I was dying to go. They had over 100 pieces of his work. They were all from a private collection. It was really remarkable. I learned a lot about him and his photography. My 13 year old niece is interested in photography so I thought it would be of interest to her. She loved it! She enjoyed the rest of the museum as well. If the exhibit comes to your area I highly reccomend it.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
My brother got us tickets. He's actually good for something. :) The photographs were remarkable.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
I'd love to see his work. Hopefully the exhibit comes near us.

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
Man I would love to see that.

·
Registered
7,052 Posts
I love his work, too. Just think. He did all of his photography without a computer to edit his pictures. I would like to have one of his photos.

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
Monnie, I have one of his photos (a poster copy obviously) framed hanging on my wall.
I believe it's titled "Birds on a Beach". I'll see if I can find which one I'm talking about.

Here we go!

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
I didn't get back to this thread yesterday, but there is one of his collections on:

www.memory.loc.gov The Library of Congress hosting site.

http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/collections/anseladams/

His Japanese/American internment collection. I have not explored this that much because I spend my time in late 19th century collections, but it might interst some of you.

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Thanks for the heads up! I think DH and I will have to make the trip up there to see the exhibit.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts