Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
Unless that meeting was at a pool, the mayor wasn't dressed appropriately. If that woman hadn't filed the complaint, I'm sure the dress code would be ignored more often.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh i agree--what really gets to me is that the mayor is a transgender and would show up dressed like that. maybe i am just getting old but this just is too weird for me.

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
oh i agree--what really gets to me is that the mayor is a transgender and would show up dressed like that. maybe i am just getting old but this just is too weird for me.
LOL Well, I was trying to be 21st century about that. Personally, I think the mayor was flaunting his/her transagener-ness. Maybe he/she was hoping someone would complain so he/she could scream discrimination. Gad, I hate that I think like that! For the record- I have no problem with the mayor showing up in a dress/skirt and heels. It's the type of skirt that I think was inappropriate.

eta- I'm betting this town isn't too far from Portland, is it?

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no it's not. and it is just a little burg of a place. i always thought it was quite conservative and also, a catholic abbey is not too far away....

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
no it's not. and it is just a little burg of a place. i always thought it was quite conservative and also, a catholic abbey is not too far away....
Wow! That story really reminded me of things Ken told me about Portland (he was out there for work a few years ago). Which also reminded me of Woodstock, NY.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
one of portland's favorite mottos is--"keep portland weird" you will see it on bumper stickers, signs, etc. i have lived here my whole life but thankfully moved to the burbs about 24 years ago. don't get into portland too often and when we do, we are happy to leave.

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
one of portland's favorite mottos is--"keep portland weird" you will see it on bumper stickers, signs, etc. i have lived here my whole life but thankfully moved to the burbs about 24 years ago. don't get into portland too often and when we do, we are happy to leave.
LOL

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
You know what I love is the video that goes along with it. You see him from afar and you can't really tell, then they do a close up and your like "Oh that's a dude!". BWAHHAHAA... Ya have to love Oregon!

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
Not a lot of actual women that age would have the balls to wear that get up. I wonder if he/she owns a mirror.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
He is one ugly woman and I don't think he was handsome as a guy either !!! LOL

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
You know what I love is the video that goes along with it. You see him from afar and you can't really tell, then they do a close up and your like "Oh that's a dude!". BWAHHAHAA... Ya have to love Oregon!
Or not! I agree Joann, this is a little too weird for me! I don't care that he is transgender, or gay, Bi, heterosexual, or anything else, the dress was not appropriate for the meeting! I love alot of things about Oregon, the Ocean, the mountains, the rivers etc.. The rain and the politics, not so much- I need to move to Eastern Oregon, Central Oregon, or maybe Burns!!:D:D

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
how about silverton, di ? i'm with you and i am ready to move to central oregon. nice piece of property, little cabin and peace & quiet.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Give a few more years and Oregon will be just like California, budget in the dumper big time. Ted Tax&gougeme is going to make sure of it.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
That s/he is really ugly, and that outfit was certainly not appropriate for any sort of business meeting, much less one with children!

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
He is one ugly woman and I don't think he was handsome as a guy either !!! LOL
LOL :D I agree! HAHA!

hmm that outfit was not appropriate for any kind of professional setting especially for a public servant visiting children (no matter how hot the day).

She could have worn a nice cotton sundress and kept herself cool and presentable!!! That outfit is totally something one would wear in the evening while bar hopping around! :p

1 - 20 of 29 Posts