Just Labradors banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In addition to the functions that Esteemed Colleague and I do (marketing/sales writing), our dept has a publications/manual side. All of us report up to BossLady, who summarily ignores all of us anyway.

One of the tech writers -- who'd only been here just under a year -- tendered her resignation. She was so completely silent and quiet about herself, that basically it was like working with a Nobody. Never talked about her weekends or her home life or if she had kids or anything at all. She never even talked about WORK that much. A complete cypher.

Don't know where she went to school, if she was married, whether she had kids or not. Don't know her birthday, her age, her interests/hobbies. She never, to my knowledge, received a personal phone call. it was like working with a serial killer. "I didn't know that she had it in her to feed three employees through the meter-mail stamper; she always just kept to herself..."

She was probably BossLady's favorite employee because she didn't have to deal with her at all on a 1:1 basis.

Anyway, today was her last day. When asked where she was going, she cryptically replied, "I'm evaluating several options right now." When asked why she's leaving, we got: "I want to explore other factions of my career."

I came back from lunch (Esteemed had gone to her lunch too) and found her place completely deserted. She timed her exit so that she wouldn't have to say goodbye to anyone.

Who WAS that masked woman, Kemosabe?

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
CIA? Alien?

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Could be, Nance! She probably out-smarted all of us.

If you're looking for feedback, direction, mentoring, professional interest in your career, advancement, professional development, opportunity, a breeding ground for brain-storming and innovation, a chance to flex your wings and truly contribute to the future direction of the company... this ain't the place for you!

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
dweck said:
Could be, Nance! She probably out-smarted all of us.

If you're looking for feedback, direction, mentoring, professional interest in your career, advancement, professional development, opportunity, a breeding ground for brain-storming and innovation, a chance to flex your wings and truly contribute to the future direction of the company... this ain't the place for you!
LOL...same here!! RUT CITY ::)

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Remember that book "Who Moved the Cheese"? Sounds like girlfriend might've had the right idea and just kept her running shoes on...sounds like that place is a real life version of Office Space.

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
I think she was an android. Probably just switched herself off at the end of every workday and woke by automatic timer at 9:00 each morning.

·
Registered
7,901 Posts
When asked where she was going, she cryptically replied, "I'm evaluating several options right now." When asked why she's leaving, we got: "I want to explore other factions of my career."

I came back from lunch (Esteemed had gone to her lunch too) and found her place completely deserted. She timed her exit so that she wouldn't have to say goodbye to anyone.
Maybe she was fired or caught for doing something and told to resign?

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Wow..that IS weird.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I have worked for 22 years at the same place and I would probably exit about the same way she did. I do talk to the people I work with and believe me, they know all about the pupsters. Other than that, I don't give up much information.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts