Just Labradors banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
7,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading back to the vet with her, they are going to put her on IV and keep her overnight.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

UPDATE

Back from the vet. Still not sure what's wrong. For now he is treating her as if her esophagus is irritated. She has 3 meds, Pepcid, Sucralfate & Metoclopramide. I have to feed her can I/D for a couple of days.
She drank a little water since we got home and has been throwing up again.
:-\

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

___She is still throwing up. She has probably thrown up 20 times since 8:00 this morning. Just little clear puddles with foam, but throwing up none the less. So off to vet we go in a few minutes. ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I woke up to her gagging, then she threw up a little white foam. But she seemed to feel fine so we went on our morning walk. Since we have come back she has drank water and thrown that up, and has thrown up a few more times the white foamy stuff. Now just a few minutes ago she threw up some of her supper with a lot of grass in it.
I am going to skip her breakfast and watch her a little while longer. If she throws up any more I am going to bring her to the vet this afternoon.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Re: Not sure what's wrong with Lily this morning

I am actually relieved to hear that she threw up grass and food. That would indicate that she has not suffered a bloat. When you first said all she threw up was foam a red flag went up as that is one of the main symptoms of a bloat.
Hopefully it is nothing more than an upset tummy from that grass and she feels better soon.

·
Registered
7,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Not sure what's wrong with Lily this morning(She's still throwing up)

We are off to the vet.

·
Registered
16,472 Posts

Good thoughts for Lily. Hope it's nothing serious.
Will look for your update, Paula.

·
Registered
12,586 Posts

Oh no, poor Lily! Please update when you can. :-\

·
Registered
4,075 Posts

Good thoughts for Lily

Eric

·
Registered
6,118 Posts

Uh-oh, I hope it isn't serious. Positive thoughts for Lily.

·
Registered
14,925 Posts

:-\ Oh no poor Lily! :( Please keep us posted. And good thoughts for her!

·
Registered
16,679 Posts

Sending some good thoughts for Lily and you too :)

·
Registered
7,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: "UPDATE" Not sure what's wrong with Lily this morning(She's still throwing u

update at top

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
Re: "UPDATE" Not sure what's wrong with Lily this morning(She's still throwing up)

I hope she feels better.

·
Registered
5,915 Posts
Re: "UPDATE" Not sure what's wrong with Lily this morning(She's still throwing up)

adding my good thoughts for lily, too.
i wish the vet could've been more helpful. maybe it's just a stomach bug.
is she sufficiently hydrated? i like to give pedialyte for vomitting or diarrhea.

·
Registered
6,645 Posts

Poor Lily. Sending good thoughts for her.

·
Registered
7,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: "UPDATE" Not sure what's wrong with Lily this morning(She's still throwing u

luke from georgia said:
adding my good thoughts for lily, too.
i wish the vet could've been more helpful. maybe it's just a stomach bug.
is she sufficiently hydrated? i like to give pedialyte for vomitting or diarrhea.
He said she was not dehydrated. She can't even hold water down though. :(

·
Registered
5,915 Posts

besides the vomitting, is lily acting ok? any excessive drooling or licking of lips?
i'm no expert, but the constant vomitting, and not being able to hold down water is worrisome.

if she's not sick or otherwise hurt, any chance she got into something?
i've had to induce vomitting before, and i used perioxide to do it. the dog would vomit several times, including any water intake as well as dry heaving or spitting only foam. if i recall correctly, the dog vomitted or tried to vomit again at least half a dozen times, which lasted a span of a couple of hours.

one of the ways to check for dehydration is the gums. if the gums are pale or when you press down with your finger and the color doesn't return quickly, she may be dehydrated.

·
Registered
8,812 Posts

Prayers that Lily is feeling better.

·
Registered
10,230 Posts

Poor Lilly I would be so worried too I hope the vomiting ends soon. If she can't even keep down water I would take her back to the vet for IV fluids they get dehydrated fast.

·
Registered
22,832 Posts

I saw your update. I hope Lily feels better soon. Sending good thoughts & prayers for her.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts

Instead of water - try ice chips or an ice cube everyonce in a while. See if that helps her to get some water in.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts