Diamond Dog Wet food (can) 13 oz Lamb and Rice

Chicken Soup for the Petlovers Soul canned wet:

Kitten 5.5 oz
puppy 13 oz

800-658-0624

·
Registered
12,928 Posts
You need to post the links; people are going to panic and this should be posted without the backup information. Sorry...but if we are going to post the recall information; we need to supply people with links to confirm what it exactly is, etc.

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
NOOO!!!!! I use the CSFTDLS canned for both dogs. :'(

~edited~ whew! It's Diamond adult, not CS adult. Dodged that bullet. I need to learn to read closer.

~edited again~ Not so fast. I just checked the ingredients in the Chicken Soup canned puppy formula and the adult formula. They both use the SAME ingredients. :mad: Why are they only recalling the puppy version?

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
zoezoe said:
You need to post the links; people are going to panic and this should be posted without the backup information. Sorry...but if we are going to post the recall information; we need to supply people with links to confirm what it exactly is, etc.
when I first learned of it.. I did not have links. I had the word of the breeders who called the manufacturer and wanted to let people know as soon as possible so they wouldnt use it tonight at dinner.

Since then, both recalls have been verified on all of the sites.

I use this one
http://www.avma.org/

and this one you gave to me is good also
http://www.itchmo.com/

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
rottnlabs said:
NOOO!!!!! I use the CSFTDLS canned for both dogs. :'(

~edited~ whew! It's Diamond adult, not CS adult. Dodged that bullet. I need to learn to read closer.
It's confusing! Some manufacturers it's the canned that got recalled, others it's the kibble, some just cat food products and others just treats.
You really have to check the individual manufacturers site for the complete, specific information, ie: pallet numbers, can labelings, bag stamps, size, type etc

Scary times...I hope some good comes from all of this.

·
Registered
12,928 Posts
From Diamond's website:

Diamond Pet Foods has announced it is withdrawing a limited number of canned products manufactured by American Nutrition. This action is limited to three specific canned products: Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover's Soul Kitten Formula 5.5 oz. cans, and Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover's Soul Puppy Formula 13 oz. cans, and Diamond Lamb & Rice Formula for Dogs 13 oz. cans.

Diamond Pet Foods has not received any indication of quality or safety issues, including pet illness, with the three withdrawn products. However, because American Nutrition informed the company that these three specific products may include rice protein concentrate, Diamond Pet Foods felt this action was necessary for the protection of its customers and their pets.

Customers with these products should stop feeding them immediately and return them to their retailer for a full refund.

Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover's Soul dry pet food and dog treats ARE NOT part of any pet food or treat recall.

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
labtrouble said:
It's only the puppy because the adult formula doesn't contain the rice protein.
But neither lists RPC in the ingredients so how do we KNOW that the adult doesn't contain RPC?

Puppy food ingredients:
Ingredients
Chicken, chicken liver, turkey, chicken broth, duck, salmon, whole grain brown rice, white rice, oatmeal, carrots, peas, potatoes, barley, egg product, guar gum, flaxseed meal, kelp, apples, dried skim milk, cranberry powder, rosemary extract, parsley flake, dried chicory root, carrageenan gum, vitamin A acetate, vitamin D3 supplement, ascorbic acid, niacin supplement, calcium pantothenate, riboflavin supplement, thiamine mononitrate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, vitamin B12 supplement, biotin, folic acid, zinc sulfate, ferrous sulfate, manganese sulfate, copper sulfate, calcium iodate and sodium selenite.

Adult food ingredients:
Chicken, turkey, chicken broth, duck, salmon, chicken liver, whole grain brown rice, white rice, oatmeal, carrots, peas, potatoes, barley, egg product, guar gum, flaxseed meal, kelp, apples, dried skim milk, cranberry powder, rosemary extract, parsley flake, dried chicory root, carrageenan gum, vitamin A acetate, vitamin D3 supplement, ascorbic acid, niacin supplement, calcium pantothenate, riboflavin supplement, thiamine mononitrate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, vitamin B12 supplement, biotin, folic acid, zinc sulfate, ferrous sulfate, manganese sulfate, copper sulfate, calcium iodate and sodium selenite

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
I e-mailed them, and they said none of their ingredients are imported from outside of the USA..... but yet they are recalling some ? ???

Melissa
;)

·
Registered
140 Posts
I am afraid that soon all the dam food will be recalled!! What the hell is going on>>>call me nutso..but food contamination terriorism is coming to mind..where is our President??he has a dog//but of course it probably eats caviar.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts