Just Labradors banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A coworker's last day is today.

When I started here there were about two dozen people in this office. After today we'll be down to eight.

Yes, 8. And one of those is the president who lives in Florida now and only spends one week a month here.

It's getting very quiet and lonely.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
I know what you mean. When I first started we had two offices. Maybe 30 employees. Now there is 7 of us. :'(

But atleast I am still here. :D

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We haven't fired a single one of them either, I don't think. They've just chosen to leave and we've not rehired.

They can't get rid of me - I do too many jobs now!

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just thinking out loud...

When I started, we had:

President
Executive Assistant
VP-Operations
VP-Property Management
VPs' Assistant
Controller
Corporate Financial Analyst
2 full-time AP clerks
1 part-time AP clerk
Payroll/HR Administrator
IS Manager
IS Assistant
Construction guy (I don't remember his actual title)
Receptionist
2 Regional Property Managers
2 Assistant Property Managers
2 Portfolio Controllers

Now we have:

President
Exec Assistant
Controller/Portfolio Controller (me)
Portfolio Controller
HR/Payroll Administrator
IS Manager
AP Clerk
Regional Property Manager

Wow.

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lisa -

We sold off a lot of our under-performing properties, so we have a good portfolio now. The properties we had back when I first started required a lot more effort and energy than the ones we do now. They practically run themselves - so that's made a big difference.

The HR person does some of the Assistant PM stuff. The Regional PM took some of that stuff back too, as well as putting some of the responsibity back on the sites where it should have been in the first place.

I do my original job, which was Portfolio Controller but some of my properties have been handed to the other guy - I've taken over the Corporate Financial Analyst and quite a bit of the Operations VP stuff. And I'm actually the Controller now, so I have all that as well.

I don't know what the Prop Mgmt VP did, but I imagine the President took that on.

With the fewer properties that's why they didn't rehire the 2nd Regional PM or AP clerk when they left.

There is NO WAY though, that we can lose anyone else.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
I know the feeling. At one time we were 100 employees. It was really like a big family. The president knew everyone and knew our spouses and children. We had very few negative people and everyone was generally happy. We are down to 8 people now. We have a new owner and he's a d!*k. I really miss the earlier days.
We are a design and build company of automation for the garment and textile industries. All the clothing and goods being made off shore have really hurt our business. It's hard to compete against 50 cent labor.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts