Just Labradors banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my name is Samantha and I found this site by googling "female labs vs. male labs" to find out opinions of gender related behaviours. Two and a half weeks ago my beautiful, faithful and loveable black lab Cybil died. She was nine. I miss her so much. She was an absolute joy. Before her passing my husband and I had been discussing getting another Labrador Retriever and in the last week we have been researching local breeders - the breeder we got Cybil from no longer does breeding - and renewing our knowledge about the breed (especially puppy behaviour). We have decided to get a yellow lab this time around.

I look forward to getting to know all of you and reading about your wonderful dogs.

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
welcome to the forum. So sorry to hear about Cybil.

Run free sweet girl!

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! :)

Clanceycanuck ... one of the breeders I'm looking at is in the Barrie area. :)

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Welcome

Welcome and sorry to hear about Cybil. We lost our 11 year old yellow in Sept. (Caleb) but we have Jackson (black) and new Ben (yellow). But the real reason I'm responding is your user name "labradorable" its what my husband always says to anyone when he answers why we have such "common" dogs. "Well..they are absolutely labradorable" is his answer.
Have fun and learn a lot. I have.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome and sorry to hear about Cybil. We lost our 11 year old yellow in Sept. (Caleb) but we have Jackson (black) and new Ben (yellow). But the real reason I'm responding is your user name "labradorable" its what my husband always says to anyone when he answers why we have such "common" dogs. "Well..they are absolutely labradorable" is his answer.
Have fun and learn a lot. I have.
And they absolutely ARE labradorable! :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sorry to hear about Cybil! Best of luck to you with choosing a new pup. If you are open to adopting, there are a lot of Labrador retriever rescue groups, that occassionaly have pups as well. In IL, there is labadoption.org and I'm sure there are others in your area as well. Just a thought. Best of luck to you!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts