Just Labradors banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 hour road trip to my moms with my son and his fiance, both 22 yrs old, I turned on the oldies station. Jim Croce's Operator song came on and she had me turn it up. After the song she asked who sang that? Told her all about Jim and some of his other songs and of course she was saddened to learn of his tragic death. She had heard Bad, Bad Leroy Brown a few times before. Last night my son called and told me she had gone on Ebay and bought 3 cds by Jim and she has read all there is to read about him on the net. Now she wants to go to his wifes restaurant Croces in San Diego some day. Then I got to talk to her and told her to check out Carol King, Carly Simon, Eva Cassidy, Simon and Garfunkle, early Elton John, Stevie Wonder and John Denver. I knew my son had made a "good catch" with this young lady.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
Good post! I sometimes forget about the "old" singer songwriters. Thanks for the reminder...time to listen again.

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
Good post! I sometimes forget about the "old" singer songwriters. Thanks for the reminder...time to listen again.
Never do that, some of those older song writers were some of the best musicions of thier time, sadly many are forgotten because all thier big hits were sung by someone else/

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts