Just Labradors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend Lew finally had a chance to fence in our potty area at the building. He had to finish up some things this afternoon so Caleb and I went with him. Since it was almost done I thought I would take Caleb out and work him. Yes, that is it--in the potty area of my building. He actually surprised me and did well. We started with some flat retrieves and then roh. I had never jumped him outdoors before and he did just fine. Then some signals and he actually laid down in the grass! Then go outs! All in all, not bad.

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Geez, Susan, you gotta get that boy out more often ;) We train outside all the time, in plenty of potty areas as well.

Glad he worked well for you. Hopefully you'll never have to compete in "potty areas", but at least you've proofed for it ;D

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
raian said:
Geez, Susan, you gotta get that boy out more often ;) We train outside all the time, in plenty of potty areas as well.
Well, geez Linda--our weather has just broken that I can get outside and train again!!! ;D

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Hopefully you'll never have to compete in "potty areas", but at least you've proofed for it Grin
Had to work through that at the Potomac!!!

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lcspt said:
Hopefully you'll never have to compete in "potty areas", but at least you've proofed for it Grin
Had to work through that at the Potomac!!!

One of my students was at an Airedale specialty and the dog in the ring right before her peed. She had to work through that. The reality of showing outdoors!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts