Just Labradors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've been looking at the XLT's. The finish (mainly inside) on basic models and XLT's seems a bit rough. The Limited apparently has a nicer finish (a little more dressy)....chrome accents on the dash, inside door handles, color match on exterior door handles etc. As they have no Limited at the dealership we're near I just wondered if any of you looked at both when buying your vehicles and how much difference is there with the Limited finish.....big improvement....minimal?

TIA

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Kelli. I had found some on-line pictures, but the site you posted had better ones.

I'd still like to hear from someone who has looked at both and what they thought......a huge improvement, not a big deal? I can get somewhat of an idea from the pictures, but seeing in person would be a lot better. We're just wondering if the look is worth the extra cost.

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
Well, we bought ours used, so really didn't compare interiors. Ken saw it on line, we went to look and bought it. Ours is a Limited- interior is tan, leather seats (the edges are a shade darker- just enough to look wet. LOL)but no chrome. The door handles are black, tho.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
You might ask your dealer if he can find a Limited edition for you.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I looked at both and bought the Limited. I liked the finish and the Limited had all the features I wanted plus some. However I will say that I did buy used and saved about 9,000.00. The one I bought was a year old and had 25k miles, you might want to take a look at something like that. Try Carmax, they have a nationwide search feature and will deliver to your area for a minimal fee.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I looked at both and bought the Limited. I liked the finish and the Limited had all the features I wanted plus some. However I will say that I did buy used and saved about 9,000.00. The one I bought was a year old and had 25k miles, you might want to take a look at something like that. Try Carmax, they have a nationwide search feature and will deliver to your area for a minimal fee.
We just looked at a friend's that has the Limited. The leather seats and Limited dash board finish do look nice......and always nice to have a few more bells and whistles if they aren't going to cost a fortune. We were never intending to buy new.....too expensive, but right now there are numerous incentives that are making us consider new rather than used.

Wow, $9000.00 off in one year! That's a lot. If you don't mind me asking was that $9000.00 less than the MSRP? Or $9000.00 less than a quote you got for a new one from a dealer? TIA

1 - 8 of 8 Posts