Just Labradors banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How late does it stay light where you are? At the peak of summer, it's light to 9:45 p.m. here. When I was in So. Cal, maybe 8:30 p.m.

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
In Oklahoma it's dusky around 8:45 (that's central time). By nine o'clock you might be able to fumble around in the diminishing light but by 9:05 it's darkish. By 9:30 it's officially dark.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Mebbe 9:15-9:30 or so before it's full-dark.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
The farther north you live the longer the summer day. I once was vacationing in New Brunswick Canada and it was still light at 10:30PM.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I'd say the longest day of the year is til around 10pm ish.. i can't quite recall but that's a good guestimate.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
I can't remember. Ask me in a few months. =)

It's around 10. We're on the very western edge of the Eastern time zone so it stays light pretty late for us.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
I think it's about 9:30ish here. I remember visiting my sister in Saskatchewan in June...it was like the sun was always up! I remember it wasn't down until after 10 and it came up I swear before 5:00am!

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
According to weather.com, the sun sets the latest at 9:10, so add another 10-20 minutes of dusk? I think it's completely dark around 9:30 at the latest here. Go a little further west and it's 8:30 due to the time zone.

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Thank goodness it is dark here by 7:45 at the latest.

We don't do DST in Arizona. We don't want an extra hour of sunlight. We want it to get dark so we can emerge from our hovels and partake of the outside air. Even 105 is bearable if there is no sun beating down on you. I have gone to many an outdoor ball game or concert after dark in the summer. About 7PM it starts to get better out as the sun is going down it is not hitting you directly beating down on you.

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Mpls it is still light out a 10.

Up at International Falls, its still light out at 10:30 in July.

This morning the sky was lightening (it was still dark out) at 7 am. Tomorrow it will be like that at 8 am. It doesn't bother me, since I go to work in the dark every day. I really like the longer daylight hours at the end of the day. So does someone else in the house. More trips outside to play fetch.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts