Just Labradors banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Toby came pounding down the stairs last night and bursts into my room. He had walked into his room and flipped on the light.........only to be buzzed by a bat doing laps in his room. bwahahahaaaa

Now, we get a couple bats a year in the house, but there's just something incredibly creepy about seeing them fly in the house. When they land or hang from something, not so bad. Taking flight.....heebie jeebies.

So here we are, at midnight, throwing tennis balls at the bat that's hanging from the vent near his ceiling. I finally hit it, making it take flight again. But I was ready with a tennis racket in each hand. It's harder than you think to hit a swooping bat with a tennis racket. But I did it!!!!!

Toby let out a total girl scream as the thing came rocketing at him. At this point I'm about to pee in my pants from laughing. I said I hit it, I never said I aimed well.

It landed at his feet and we quickly pinned it to the ground with a tennis racket, slowly maneuverd it into a shopping bag and tossed the whole package out the window. Taadaaa!!!

(He then went to sleep in another room. hahahaaa)

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
LOL! We've had a bat in the kitchen before, they bounce off the screen door. I must try the tennis racket maneuver next time, Steve used a pillowcase.

A video of this would have been awesome!

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OMG. You're telling me.

Last week we drove up and Trev says "What in the world is Dad doing?" I look up and see Ken flailing and tossing a pillow around the room. He looked like a total nut. hahahaa He was alone and trying to knock a bat out of the air with my BED pillows. I took pictures of that one hanging from the sconce in my room.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
It's easier to snag them with a large towel, then just carry them outside still in the towel. Doesn't hut the bat like getting aced with a tennis racket or plumped with a pillow! ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts