Just Labradors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the first time I was afraid to take the boys in for their annuals. Max has had a growth on his side which has grown from the size of a tiny marble to that of an egg and I just didn't want to know. He's no youngster and I would not put him under the knife at this point and I was scared. He's happy, playful, eats, poops, and pees and has quality of life and I wasn't going to mess with that.

Seems the boy has fatty tumors! I was so afraid of much worse news and was so elated when I heard the vets words! He's getting another lovely one on his other side now but we're just leaving them alone.

Otherwise everyone's okay and updated on shots. They've all lost a couple of pounds over the last year. Max went from 67 lbs to 62 ( he's a very picky eater), Duncan lost 1 lb. and Jake lost 6 lbs. As the years move on I try to keep their weights healthy hoping to avoid hip problems, so if I see anyone getting a bit too chunky I cut back on the treats (milk bones mostly). They each got a cheeseburger after the vet visit!! LOL

Jakey's face is getting white (he's 7.5 y.o.), mostly around the muzzle and eyes, Max is 9 and has an all grey beard and is greying around his muzzle, and Duncan (approx 6.5)is a black lab and has some grey in his chin and his underside. They're my beautiful boys.

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
Glad that the news from the vet was good! And good for you, watching their weight. I see too many overweight labs these days.

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
Those fatty tumors are so incredibly common in Labs. My Lab/Collie cross had them too and we just left them alone.

Glad they are doing so well!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts