Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So which ones make you cry like a baby?

Homeward Bound (1 and 2)
Fox And The Hound......when the old lady leaves Tod in the woods to protect him I cry my eyes out. When I was little my mom once walked in and asked me what was wrong. I was like "he doesent understand!" lol.
Marley And Me
Black Beauty
Fluke
Turner And Hooch
Eight Below
My Dog Skip
Flicka...............This is the one movie I really try to avoid watching. The scene where they load Flicka up in the trailer and the girl is sobbing and going "She's can't see the sky!!!". And after the accident when she's like "Its okay daddy you can kill us". I am pretty much a sobbing mess through most of that movie lol.
Dreamer

I think thats it lol. Surprisingly Old Yeller doesent make me cry.

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
My Dog Skip, but not for the ending (which is really very tender). It's the scene in the cemetery where the bad guys, well, you know the scene. I come unglued every time. :'(

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
The Homeward Bound moves, the Free Willy ones, havent seen Marley and Me yet though its not through the lack of trying! And my dog skip!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Black Beauty, I bawl like a baby at this one, and I haven't seen Marley and Me yet,but I know I will cry, I did when i read the book. Also, Pharlap and Seabiscuit both get me.

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
ANY dog movie where a dog gets hurt, or lonely, or anything unpleasant. That goes for alot of other animal movies too. I'm a real sap when it comes to animals. The most recent was of course, Marley and Me. Both "Homeward Bounds", and Eight Below...... lots of others that I can't recall right now.

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Oh gosh so many :(

The Fox and the Hound
Marley and Me (oooo that one was a doozy)
Homeward Bound
My Dog Skip
Flicka
Eight Below

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
There was one on recently, where a boy and his yellow lab are lost overboard and are stranded up in Canada (I think) for several weeks. Helicopter finds the kid and dog on a log trying to cross a deep ravine. Kid get plucked up and dog falls A LONG way down into a river. Dog was trying to protect the kid. I knew the had to end up alright, but boy did I ever cry!!!!

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Belles mom said:
There was one on recently, where a boy and his yellow lab are lost overboard and are stranded up in Canada (I think) for several weeks. Helicopter finds the kid and dog on a log trying to cross a deep ravine. Kid get plucked up and dog falls A LONG way down into a river. Dog was trying to protect the kid. I knew the had to end up alright, but boy did I ever cry!!!!
Its called "Far From Home (The Adventures Of Yellow Dog)" its one of my favorite movies lol. Its never made me cry though.

I just thought of anouther one though. Its called "Eyes Of An Angel" it stars John Travolta and it has to do with him a little girl and an abused doberman.

Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgTixHAgEKw

Video a friend and I made.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnlAeF5HEZg&feature=related

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
movies don't me cry much

the books:
Black beauty
Beautiful Joe and
Bel Ria
The incredible Journey
many of the Big Red books

and probably more I've forgotten all touch an emotional place with me

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
In addition to all the above (Homeward Bound -- when the golden comes running over the hill -- BLUBLBLLBRBRR; Old Yeller; Marley; Skip), a move called The Journey of Natty Gann. Not a dog movie per se, but she rescues and befriends a wolf who she then lets go in the Pacific Northwest. :'( :'( :'( It's not even integral to the plot, but it makes me misty.

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
SawyerAndMe990 said:
I just thought of anouther one though. Its called "Eyes Of An Angel" it stars John Travolta and it has to do with him a little girl and an abused doberman.
I remember that one too!

Still trying to think of the movie with the little girl and her dog......off to google it.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
conrad said:
movies don't me cry much

the books:
Black beauty
Beautiful Joe and
Bel Ria
The incredible Journey
many of the Big Red books

and probably more I've forgotten all touch an emotional place with me
If you loved Beautiful Joe, have you read Beautiful Joe's Paradise? Awesome!!

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Turner and Hooch.

I had just broken up with a boyfriend and left the dog with him. I was more upset about leaving the dog than him! I took my then 10 year old niece to see it and she ended up comforting me in the car after - it's okay auntie you'll be okay - and she was talking baout me getting over levaing the dog behind. The dog, BTW, was a german shorthaired pointer who died at six with bone cancer. My very first dog.

I avoid animal stories as much as possible now................

1 - 20 of 28 Posts