Just Labradors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, thanks again to everyone for your quick responses this morning.

All is well for now. We took Angus in just now, and my sweet vet didn't charge us. He trimmed the nail a little bit where it had pulled away, and said yes the quick was exposed a bit, but not so much as to present a danger. We do need to watch it and try to keep him from licking it.

Which brings me to the interesting tip...

I mentioned that I had thought about putting Bitter Apple around that area to keep him from licking. He said that would be good to try, or if that didn't work, to try Arrid Extra Dry. That was a new one on me! But it does seem like it might stay on a little better. And honestly, Angus used to lick up Bitter Apple like it was candy. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
601 Posts
Glad everything is okay with him!!

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Glad to hear Angus is okay. I missed the post this morning. I assume he somehow tore a claw?

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Hi Connie - glad to hear Angus is on the mend. I hope Kevin had a good job interview, too. tell us how Simon has been doing!

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Cinnamon had a nasty habit of chewing her leash. The last class we took the instructor told me to use deodorant on it. It did the trick she stopped chewing it.

Glad Angus toe is better.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Arrid Extra Dry, huh? Interesting!! Glad to hear he's all better!! :)

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Glad to hear Angus is on the mend.

And as for the tip -- I guess it's better than using a dress shield!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts