Just Labradors banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He's nearly 8 months old, and while he's still calm indoors, he's taken to swiping things, gloves, shoes, etc & trying to play "keep away". ::) I know it's just a stage, it's just darn annoying. Beefing up on the training now, as he seems to be getting selective hearing. Brat! ;D

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
LOL...I hope you're not surprised! ;)

Sawyer's STILL mischievous at 3. One sock, a loaf of bread (thank God he didn't eat it), the remote control. He actually ate a bunch of bananas he swiped off the counter recently. Left the peels on the kitchen floor. LOL

·
Registered
9,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not surprised at all. Need to reinforce "leave it" some more. It's not so much the stealing, but the trying to make it into a game thats so irritating. little bugger, he's lucky he's cute, lol! ;D

G

·
eastcoastmom said:
Not surprised at all. Need to reinforce "leave it" some more. It's not so much the stealing, but the trying to make it into a game thats so irritating. little bugger, he's lucky he's cute, lol! ;D
Yeah they think you enjoy chasing them around the house :)

I found a couple of socks underneath the pool table the other day. Must be Jakes hiding spot.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
jakeysmom said:
Jake is a notorious sock stealer at almost 2 ::)
So is Hoss. I can tell by his bulging cheeks that he has something (usually a stinky sock) in his mouth!

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Larry used to do this something awful when we first got him. His favorite trick was to do a drive by of the coffee table or end table, look at my cell phone/remote, then look at me. Back and forth. I'd say "Larry, don't think about it..." and SNATCH. He was gone.

He's still a sock thief. I imagine that will go away right about the time that he stops obsessing over squirrels.

·
Registered
9,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Belles mom said:
jakeysmom said:
So is Hoss. I can tell by his bulging cheeks that he has something (usually a stinky sock) in his mouth!
That's how I can tell with Angus too :) That and he comes to find someone to show them, as if to say "lookee what I have!" , then he wags his tail & backs away. If you make a move, he runs. If you say "leave it!" he runs. BUT... if you walk to his food dish, he drops it and comes to see what you're giving him. I think he's not so much interested in stealing the item, as he is in seeing what he can get out of it!

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
eastcoastmom said:
Belles mom said:
jakeysmom said:
That's how I can tell with Angus too :) That and he comes to find someone to show them, as if to say "lookee what I have!" , then he wags his tail & backs away. If you make a move, he runs. If you say "leave it!" he runs. BUT... if you walk to his food dish, he drops it and comes to see what you're giving him. I think he's not so much interested in stealing the item, as he is in seeing what he can get out of it!
CoCo didthe EXACT same thing! And if you yelled at her, she won't look at you... and then she would bolt off if you got close. We didn't want to chase her, but didn't want to reward her either. But since we didn't want her to ruin the item, we would give in and get her a treat, so she would drop the item right away... And I have to say, that method does seem to be working because now, even though she still steals the item, 9 out of 10 times she'll stay put and drop it when you approach her. So then we give her a good girl and a pat. She seems to be catching on... but now to get her to stop stealing to begin with!

·
Registered
7,137 Posts
I love Labs and their antics!!!
I am guilty!!! Sometimes I play along. Lots of times I wil grab a legal toy and then play with them. I think they are just saying....hey! quit ignoring me and play with me OR ELSE!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts