Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My old girl, Bessie, died today at age 15. We're now a 2-dog household and it seems much too calm and quiet.

We adopted Bess when she was 5. She didn't have a mean bone in her body, but she was the most stubborn and hard-headed dog I've ever met. She lived life on her terms, and nobody was the boss of her. We appeased her with cookies. Lots of cookies.

My head says that 15 is a good long stretch for a lab, and that she had a Montana life that was canine paradise. But my heart is broken, and I miss the raspy breathing, bad breath and arthritic gate. My Bessie is gone, and I'm left wondering how all those years flew by so very quickly.

Godspeed, good girl.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
I am so sorry to hear about your girl, she is a beauty. I completely understand, my girl was almost 14 and I remember thinking the same exact thing...how fast those wonderful years just flew by. Take care and know she is happy and healthy, watching and loving you from above.

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Take care sweet Bessie...run free you were much loved and will be missed.

My heart goes out to you and your family at this time. It is never long enough they all go way to quickly.

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
Deepest sympathy. 15 is a good run for a lab but still way too short. That's the tragic beauty of sharing life and love with creatures whose life-spans are so much shorter than ours.

Godspeed Bessie.

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
I am very sorry to hear about your loss. Run Free Bessie, on your own terms...

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
my heart hurts for you. so glad she had a good life with you and gave you cherished memories. sending comforting thoughts and hugs.

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
It broke my heart to read what you wrote. I'm so sorry.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts