Just Labradors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,901 Posts
Gee. If they'd peruse myspace they'd find thousands of college kids to arrest.

This is really going beyond ridiculous.

(I do find it interesting though that Kellogs drops Phelps after the pot incident, but signed him after he had already had a DUI incident in his past. Wonder how they explain this?)

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Taffys Mom said:
Gee. If they'd peruse myspace they'd find thousands of college kids to arrest.

This is really going beyond ridiculous.

(I do find it interesting though that Kellogs drops Phelps after the pot incident, but signed him after he had already had a DUI incident in his past. Wonder how they explain this?)
I don't think they dropped him. I think his contract was up and they did not renew [they had already decided not to renew]. That's different. Economy is tough right now and Kelloggs needs to make sure they are getting spending their advertising money wisely. Swimmers are not like basketball or football players - popular year after year; for the most part people only care about swimming every 4 years - 2 weeks during the olypics and then a few months afterward.

·
Registered
12,170 Posts
Don't the police have anything better to do? Why don't they go after the real criminals - you know, people who don't feed the parking meter and such.

·
Registered
7,901 Posts
Maple1 said:
I don't think they dropped him. I think his contract was up and they did not renew [they had already decided not to renew]. That's different. Economy is tough right now and Kelloggs needs to make sure they are getting spending their advertising money wisely. Swimmers are not like basketball or football players - popular year after year; for the most part people only care about swimming every 4 years - 2 weeks during the olypics and then a few months afterward.
I've read numerous articles stating that it was his behavior that caused them to not renew him --- not the economy. Here's one:

http://adage.com/article?article_id=134363

Kellogg will let the swimmer's contract expire at the end of the month.

"We originally built the relationship with Michael, as well as the other Olympic athletes, to support our association with the U.S. Olympic team," a Kellogg spokeswoman said in a statement. "Michael's most recent behavior is not consistent with the image of Kellogg. His contract expires at the end of February and we have made a decision not to extend his contract."

1 - 7 of 7 Posts