Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First I find out minutes before surgery two weeks ago the pre op tests found a spot on my lung that "was probably nothing" but needs to be followed up on.
No doctors followed up
Could not get an order from my doctor without a visit,
Finally get scheduled for a CT scan that occurred tonight.
On the way back to the machine, the nurse is looking at my medical records and asks "Is this a follow up on your cancer?
Don't Panic Don't Panic. Don't Panic
It took longer to fill out the forms and start the IV than the procedure took. On the way out the tech advised to bug the doctors because they will not call regardless of what the results are. Ugh.

So now the wait begins.

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
The tech should be released from all medical responsibility UPON THE SPOT. All certifications revoked.
Settle, Andy... settle good boy.

·
Registered
7,052 Posts
Keeping you in my prayers, Andy. Dont' panic. It won't help a thing. Just pray.

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
For heavens sake - I can't believe how they've handled things . Will pray for good results on your tests. In the mean time get a doctor you like, trust and can work with - I'm not impressed with how things have been handled so far :no:

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Paddysmom said:
The tech should be released from all medical responsibility UPON THE SPOT. All certifications revoked.
Settle, Andy... settle good boy.
I agree, any tech I know that did something like this would be gone or at least highly reprimanded! Remember it is a technician, they are needed, educated, but not a doctor or even a RN! I will be sending out good thoughts for good news on your results! Fingers and paws crossed here, hang in there, I know easier said then done!

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks everybody.

Pre op was ordered by the knee surgeon and done at the hospital three days prior to surgery. On day of surgery the anethstiseologist was making manners and mentioned the chest x ray as an OBTW. When she saw my response she went and got the chart and told me nodules were usually nothing to worry about, but do follow up. Knee surgeon will be getting one of the pieces of my mind I don't use any more when I get the stitches removed.

Follow ups have to be ordered by a doctor after a visit. Can't be done over the phone.

Tonight the CT people were running a little behind and trying to make nice and be pleasent which they were. It was the question that set off the alarm as I have not been shown anything.

It is what it is. Making short fingernails out of long ones will only make untying knots harder to do. It is what it is. Don't Panic.

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
It is probably nothing...the tech probably mispoke...a lot of people have chest CT's to follow up on cancer. My dad has to have one every 6 months because of his bladder cancer.

Please let us know how things go and don't worry until you have something to worry about. I have a couple of spots and they figure it is either old TB as I react to the test but never had TB or scars because of my asthma. They just had me go for X-rays every 2 weeks for 8 weeks to make sure nothing was growing (back before CT scans were so common. )

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Holding you close in prayer .......... may everything be OK.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts