Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LUXO!!!!

Assuming everything goes well with Smoke the Rescue on Sunday, I've decided to change his name. I was thinking of going with Bean, Ender's protege from the book Ender's Game where Ender got his name, or Jazz because I love the music and it's a cool name, or Boomer from Battlestar Galactica among a ton of others. But 10 seconds after telling my girlfriend I was getting another dog, she said "Well you have to name it Luxo!"...to my shock. Why I didn't think of that myself is BEYOND me. Anyone get the reference????

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't. But I'm sure Lindsay will love the new girlfriend reference.
She won't care, she knows about her. In fact she insists that I date women who love dogs, and disapproves of those who don't, not to mention it's been 2 years since we broke up...thanks though.

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
I have no idea what the reference to Luxo is. Sorry :) But it sounds like a great name!

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Ok, I got it after you posted the link, cute name!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
I don't. But I'm sure Lindsay will love the new girlfriend reference.
*snicker snicker*

I like Bean and Boomer myself. Luxo doesn't really roll off the tongue. :p

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Luxo doesn't really roll off the tongue.

Gotta agree. You two know what it means - 95% of the rest of the population won't get it and you'll spend the rest of his days explaining his name. Also think about yelling "Luxo" at the dog park. Personally, I would go with something else

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
I'm not a fan, and I've read it's easy to get labs to respond to a new name.
It is! Any dog for that matter - look at all the dogs in shelters and rescues whose names were never known? We named Sammy when we found him and he was around 4 years old. Picked it up right away. :)

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Gotta agree. You two know what it means - 95% of the rest of the population won't get it and you'll spend the rest of his days explaining his name. Also think about yelling "Luxo" at the dog park. Personally, I would go with something else
Ditto.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts