Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay...like, 99% anyway. :p It is because all of the studying that is required in med school puts us in total isolation for extended periods of time. When I actually do make human contact it is more like a close encounter with a space alien! HELP!!! Right now I am really wishing that I would have taken that job at Disneyland for $80,000/year so I could dress up like Snow White and eat cotton candy everyday! ::)

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
Uh oh, the retard police are gonna get you for that... :police:

I can't even imagine the study load...sometimes I feel like a slave to my books doing electrical engineering, but so many engineers are social retards to begin with!

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can't even imagine the study load...sometimes I feel like a slave to my books doing electrical engineering, but so many engineers are social retards to begin with!
Okay, electrical engineers are in the same boat as I am...it is like bitching to my husband, the rocket scientist (aerospace engineer). Futile! LOL! Although, I don't ever remember him having to study for finals and then eight weeks for a test only to be followed by becoming some overworked resident's personal *****....hmmm...<runs off to phone hubby>

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
And I thought I had a lot of studying/work to do!

Yikes!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Doctors ARE social retards! No offense. My sister is in her residency and my boyfriend is beginning his residency next month and both are complete social retards. I love them both all the same but Bless their hearts.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Ohmigosh, well at least your hair looks totally KICK A$$!!! When did you change it?

Edited to add:
I just did a search, and I guess you can add twin mommas to the 'socially differently-abled(?)' catagory. Hellooooo, it happened like two weeks ago ::) I'm such a shut-in that I'm not even up to date on my message board news. :(

Anyway, you're hair still RAWKS.

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
*waves* Hello Cadey, my name is Stacey and I am a human...you may have seen others like me outside walking around or perhaps on the television :p

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hi Cadey - I'm Cheryl (Violet's 'Mom').

I'm a PGY-2, and couldn't help but notice the great thread name. Hang in there...I SWEAR it gets better every year and goes by really fast... what year of med school are you? Sounds like still 1st or 2nd, after that they start letting you talk to people again :)

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Cadey - I'm Cheryl (Violet's 'Mom').

I'm a PGY-2, and couldn't help but notice the great thread name. Hang in there...I SWEAR it gets better every year and goes by really fast... what year of med school are you? Sounds like still 1st or 2nd, after that they start letting you talk to people again :)
Hey Cheryl! Yes, I am in my second year, getting ready for the boards in June. I like to think it gets better...I did in fact get into medicine to work with PEOPLE. LOL! What is your residency in?

Thanks for the responses everyone...it gave me something to look forward to! I mean, this is really the most I have interacted with your kind in many, many eons! :p ;)

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Hey girl.... I know exactly what you are talking about.

Yes, it does get better.... well ... sort of. *scratching head* You do get to talk to people, it's just not people like family or friends, unless your friends are other med students, doctors or patients. :-\

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
Hey Cadey it will get better! I watched my mom go through it about 100 yrs ago. She did the tail end of her residency preggers with my little sister with 3 kids at home (I was the youngest at the time and 6 yrs old) if my mom (who is the smarest person I know but has no common cents) made it I know you will!

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
chocolatecoverdlab said:
$80,000/year so I could dress up like Snow White and eat cotton candy everyday! ::)
$80,000???? I think I am sending a resume to Disney. Do you get the same money to dress up like Goofy?

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
That's what I was thinking! $80,000 a year to dress up like Snow White? Give me that apple! Where's my black wig? :D

Poor Cadey! I can't even begin to imagine how tough med school must be. If it's any consolation, I don't think you seem like a socially-challenged (LOL) person at all! (I work in PR, so I can't say "retard"). :D

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
AngusFangus said:
That's what I was thinking! $80,000 a year to dress up like Snow White? Give me that apple! Where's my black wig? :D
80K to work ar Disney!!!???? There throws my engineering degree in the toilet. I don't recall my guidance counselor mentioning that option at career day.

I have friends that are doctors, lawyers, accountants, engineers,plumbers etc. Out of the whole bunch of them there are no poor doctors,lawyers or plumbers. Accountants and engineers are pretty low on the money scale. Hang in there! It's what you want to do and that is very important!

·
Registered
10,636 Posts
My niece is just finishing up her first year of med school.
We never see the kid. She completed a Biomedical engineering program in college so she was pretty busy then too.
Guess I really haven't seen much of her since she was in high school.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah, my friend's boyfriend (now both of which I live with) has a good friend that works at Disneyworld as Captain Hook, and gets paid $80,000/year with AMAZING benefits! He is also a med student (three of us in one tiny apartment, yippee!) and we were all venting the other night when he brought it up. We were like, that is it...we are moving to Florida!!! ;D

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
chocolatecoverdlab said:
Yeah, my friend's boyfriend (now both of which I live with) has a good friend that works at Disneyworld as Captain Hook, and gets paid $80,000/year with AMAZING benefits! He is also a med student (three of us in one tiny apartment, yippee!) and we were all venting the other night when he brought it up. We were like, that is it...we are moving to Florida!!! ;D
He can't be Captain Hook forever. Ha ha. You WILL have a social life once you get a few years into practice.... and possibly lots of toys. My ex now has a Jag, Cad. Escalade, H1, H2 and a Ferrari. I guess he started liking cars.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts