Just Labradors banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today is garbage day in my neighborhood. Took the dogs for a walk this morning and everybody had their cans out. Next to one can was an 8 foot tall Christmas Tree.

Who still has a Christmas Tree in the middle of June? Everytime a car went up the street, you could see its brake lights go on as they did a double take at it. They are a very nice Indian family, kids are friendly, parents wave all the time, and they still had a Christmas Tree in June. I considered the fact that it had been out all winter in the backyard, but I don't think so. Looked pretty good and still had flocking on it; I don't think that would have lasted through all the storms we had.

I can guarantee you that everytime somebody comments on the dog hair dust bunnies in my house, I'm gonna say "Hey, it's not like I left the Christmas Tree up until June."

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
That's just....wrong. The tree was still alive?!

What's flocking?

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
My lights are still up.. i mean sure, they're not ON.. but they're up.. worse yet, my neighbours still have theirs on, but theirs are the icicle ones that are really obvious.

Problem is you can't take those things down until May anyways around here.. so people just stop making it a priiority.. and at some point you just think.. what's the point now?

Which has nothing to do with a tree.

that's just weird.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Flocking is that white crap they spray on that is supposed to look like snow.

Personally, I'd have snuck it out and dropped it in front of somebody else's can in the middle of the night. I don't think these people fully grasp that they are now forever known as The Christmas Tree Family.

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
Personally, I'd have snuck it out and dropped it in front of somebody else's can in the middle of the night. I don't think these people fully grasp that they are now forever known as The Christmas Tree Family.
:D:D If you're on speaking terms with them, I'd ask them WTH they had a xmas tree in June? :confused:

Maybe they celebrate mid year xmas? One company I worked for always had a mid year xmas party on the Saturday night closest to the 25th June. Had all the xmas decorations, food & .............. Santa :D

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
LOL!! Christmas tree in the June trash! Bhahaha.. Be sure to update us in October, when their Easter Eggs will finally make it to the curb!

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
LOL! WOW. And I thought the lights not being down by late March was bad. Our tree is out shortly after New Years, sometimes before. The garland is down by end of January or sooner depending on how cold it is.

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
My lights are still up.. i mean sure, they're not ON.. but they're up.. worse yet, my neighbours still have theirs on, but theirs are the icicle ones that are really obvious.

Problem is you can't take those things down until May anyways around here.. so people just stop making it a priiority.. and at some point you just think.. what's the point now?

Which has nothing to do with a tree.

that's just weird.

Growing up we left the lights up all year (southern California). My mom would turn them on for Birthdays ,Graduation ect. I kind of miss that.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I have some twinkly lights up outside left over from Christmas. I love them and might just leave them up forever !! They will look nice at summer bbq's when everyone has eaten, the sun has gone down (what sun!) and we are sitting round the fire pit toasting our toes and drinking wine :)

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
I have some twinkly lights up outside left over from Christmas. I love them and might just leave them up forever !! They will look nice at summer bbq's when everyone has eaten, the sun has gone down (what sun!) and we are sitting round the fire pit toasting our toes and drinking wine :)
I like the twinkle lights in trees. I might leave those in the trees in the backyard. That is if I had trees.

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
When I was in college we left our Christmas tree (which was named "Thor") up until the end of the spring semester. It was looking pretty dry, so we decided to burn it in the parking lot out of curiosity. (It was a big parking lot.) It went up in 30 seconds, and the flames shot up into the sky. It was terrifying to realize what a fire hazard we had in the apartment. Old Christmas trees are bad news.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts