Just Labradors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the latest issue of Family Dog Magazine put out by the AKC, there was an article about how dogs show happiness and laughter. And better still, if they know they are playing a ytick to get us to laugh.

The author made the point that they know our mood...relaxed, stressed, happy, etc. They will pull these antics if we laugh because they know we will laugh and relax. The hypothesis was pretty cool I thought. I really think Tal knows exactly what he is doing when he does stuff that makes me laugh.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Bill and I always said that Shadow was a comedian in a fur coat, because she would deliberately do things to make us laugh.

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AmazonGold said:
Bill and I always said that Shadow was a comedian in a fur coat, because she would deliberately do things to make us laugh.
I can imagine! I know Tal does...plus that "I'm too cute to ignore" look is one they all have down pat!

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
I think its true. Trainers have always told me not to laugh at my dog's antics because it encourages them. In fact, Meghan got in trouble at agility class recently because Essy started butt tucking around the course and Meghan was laughing so hard she couldn't call her back.

My Rottie was definitely a comedian. He was best buds with our neighbor who was always over at our house talking to SU when we first moved in. If the neighbor came over and Thor was in his crate, the neighbor would always say "Hi Thor" and Thor would wag his tail until the neighbor just got past the crate, then Thor would stomp loudly on the metal pan, rattle the cage, and bark like a maniac. My neighbor said it made the hair on the back of his neck stand up. He would jump then Thor would wag his tail some more. The neighbor said he swore Thor was laughing at him. What a goof. Scared ya, HAHAHAHA.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
myfavoritedog said:
In the latest issue of Family Dog Magazine put out by the AKC, there was an article about how dogs show happiness and laughter. And better still, if they know they are playing a ytick to get us to laugh.

The author made the point that they know our mood...relaxed, stressed, happy, etc. They will pull these antics if we laugh because they know we will laugh and relax. The hypothesis was pretty cool I thought. I really think Tal knows exactly what he is doing when he does stuff that makes me laugh.
Do they have the article online, that I can read??

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dawson Creek Girl said:
myfavoritedog said:

Do they have the article online, that I can read??
I checked their website and I cannot find it. I'll dosome more looking and if I can find it I'll post the link.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts