Just Labradors banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took Tal and Barney to the college this AM and when we left, I had a stop to make at the grocery store. The route from the college is a rural highway, and I always keep my eyes open. Good thing. Out of the corner of my eye I saw this yellow blur, and it was a dog chasing a jackrabbit. Not that that is unusual, except, of course, the owners did not have their dog on leash or in a fenced in area and the dog chased the rabbit across the highway. I slowed down, and saw the rabbit and I knew that dog probably never saw us. I hope the little mutt found his way back home without getting hurt..:mad:

·
Registered
11,445 Posts
Unfortunately it's that time of year when all of the people start letting their dogs out.. most of whom do not have fenced yards. I can't tell you how many dogs have been taken to the emergency clinic here already this year for that very reason!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Wow that is interesting. I live in Southern California, right at the foothills of a small mountain range. We mostly get coyote sightings here. One night I was driving home with my wife and we saw a coyote running across the street with a rabbit in it's mouth. The interesting part is that the coyote was coming from the side of the street that had houses, and on it way to (of course) the mountains.

It was kind of an eye opener since I have pets and a toddler.

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow that is interesting. I live in Southern California, right at the foothills of a small mountain range. We mostly get coyote sightings here. One night I was driving home with my wife and we saw a coyote running across the street with a rabbit in it's mouth. The interesting part is that the coyote was coming from the side of the street that had houses, and on it way to (of course) the mountains.

It was kind of an eye opener since I have pets and a toddler.
Oh wow that is scary. I have seen some news articles about that. I would imagine that would be a bit unnerving.

Unfortunately it's that time of year when all of the people start letting their dogs out.. most of whom do not have fenced yards. I can't tell you how many dogs have been taken to the emergency clinic here already this year for that very reason!

I hear ya! I was so thankful this one was not one of those. I sure hope his owner will properly confine him. I cannot imagine losing a pet that way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts