Just Labradors banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took a double dose of my Claritin this morning, which is usually enough to get me through the day.
Nope.
I just came in from cutting the lawn....
I'm a sniffling,eye-watering, sneezing, red-eyed, stuffed up MESS!!!!

I HATE ALLERGIES!!!! :mad:

(and this is why I want to hire a gardener...bwahaha!)

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
Kim, I'm totally with you. I'm so desperate I'm googling Netti Pots.

Google it. Watch the video. You'll understand what I mean by so desperate.

I cannot get any relief at all it seems lately. None. I've OD'd on Reactine. (claritin never worked for me) I even went to the pharmacy and asked what would happen if I took Aerus and Reactine together. No ill side effects. So I did it. No relief yet either.

I'm ready for the **** Netti Pot.

B

·
0 Posts
You guys sound like Scott. I hate nagging but I'm nagging him to go to the allergist. The only thing that works for him is benadryl which puts him in a coma and makes him a babbling snoring googball.

I'm grateful Claritin works for me. I'm sorry ya'll are so miserable!!

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
TangerineFizz said:
Kim, I'm totally with you. I'm so desperate I'm googling Netti Pots.

Google it. Watch the video. You'll understand what I mean by so desperate.

I cannot get any relief at all it seems lately. None. I've OD'd on Reactine. (claritin never worked for me) I even went to the pharmacy and asked what would happen if I took Aerus and Reactine together. No ill side effects. So I did it. No relief yet either.

I'm ready for the **** Netti Pot.
My SU's aunt bought a Netti pot at Walgreens. She said it was kind of hard to find but they carried them. I don't know if she's tried it yet though I never asked.
I feel for you though my allergies are normally really bad I was on daily Claritin D (Zyrtec D at times) for years 2x/day because I practically had a year round cold. I have been off the Claritin D for several months now all together and so far so good other than a few stuffy mornings. Hopefully it stays that way for a while.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
I'm with ya Kim. My allergies are really bad right now. Guess it doesn't help having 14 dogs and all the plants growing outside.

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No kidding eh Laura?

I guess cutting the grass when it's really dry didn't help, I keep sneezing out tiny pieces of dust and grass. That can't be helping.

·
Registered
746 Posts
BudGirl8 said:
You guys sound like Scott. I hate nagging but I'm nagging him to go to the allergist. The only thing that works for him is benadryl which puts him in a coma and makes him a babbling snoring googball.

I'm grateful Claritin works for me. I'm sorry ya'll are so miserable!!
LOL, benadryl has the same effect on me. Claritin worked for me for a few years, then just stopped. Last year my allergies were so bad I finally broke down and went to my doctor. He put me on Allegra D as well as a nasal spray called Rhinacort I think. This combination had me allergy free throughout the summer, fall and spring. The last week has been really heavy with pollen here and my eyes have itched a few times, but that is all. I have suffered with seasonal allergies all my life and I am finally free of the constant running nose and itchy eyes. It is great. Give Allegra D a try. :)

B

·
0 Posts
Unfortunately none of that stuff works for him...hence me nagging him like a fishmongers wife. I hate being a nag but he sounds AWFUL and desperately needs to see the allergist guy to get the shots. :'(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts