Just Labradors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been told that for Sally's AKC registration number, the first 8 digits are her litter number and the last 2 numbers are her number within her litter.

Her last two numbers are 06, so does that mean she was actually the 6th puppy born in the litter? Or are those numbers just assigned randomly?

·
Registered
205 Posts
The numbers are just assigned randomly, however I ususally try to assign the number order to the pups in my litters. So you may want to ask her breeder if she did that. And even if she didn't the breeder should be able to tell you what number pup she was from her records.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't need to know. I was just wondering since I just found out that little piece of info.

Besides, knowing Sally and her drive, if she was born 6th, she probably started out something like 12th (13 in the litter) and pushed her way through the pack to move up in order. It's a wonder she wasn't #1! :D :p

Doesn't this look like a puppy with an attitude!

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Mine were assigned based on which puppy left first etc. I like the birth order idea though. Maybe next time. I was just learning how to do all the papers this time around.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
That's interesting. I wonder if they do it the same way up here ?
CKC numbers are sequential, but are not assigned by birth order, or even litter. There is no where on the forms (ie they're generic) to list birth order.

My girl, puppy #7 is UN241106
And puppy #8 is UN241099...just depends on how they opened the envelope.

I have another puppy who I forgot to sign his paper, and he is UN 241197, so 91 puppies of any breed were registered between him and my puppy #8. Weird huh?

The U is the year of birth, this letter changes every year.

I did my tattoo's sequentially though and a lot of breeders who do tats do them this way.

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Mine were assigned based on which puppy left first etc. I like the birth order idea though. Maybe next time. I was just learning how to do all the papers this time around.
I like it because I can usually correlate birth order to collar color to some degree. Pink is always for the first girl, Blue is always for the first boy (of that color if there are more than one color in the litter). So there may be a pink black, and a pink choc... both girls, both first for their color. I weigh them in birth order or at least have the forms laid out as such and so it's easy to remember who was 01 and 08 etc, sometimes even years later!:p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts