Just Labradors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a project going... I am trying to find out if i was the top Novice A obedience dog for 2006 (AKC). Front and Finish has been of no help so I am going to tabulate the scores of every Novice A dog in the country myself. I however need all the copies of Awards Magazine from 2006. Akc only has them back to june of 2006 so I need at least from January through May but the whole year would be great. If anyone has an idea where I might find them???

Thanks

Kelly and Amber

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Try posting on Yahoo group "dogshowstuff". http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/Dogshowstuff/ It's like Ebay for dog show related stuff. I see different magazines posted for sale on there all the time. The only rule is that all communication must occur off list, no replies will be posted to your post. They are very strict about this.

Also, do you belong to any clubs? Usually the club secretaries get the magazines because they use them to tally points/awards for special recognition of club members.

Front and Finish will contact you if you are ranked. They send you a letter. Last year the entire system got screwed up because first they switched computers and lost all of the data so it had to be reentered, then they published the ratings without having all of the data entered, then they finally got it figured out. Hopefully this year will be easier. FYI, F&F does this out of the goodness of their heart. AKC doesn't care about rankings for anything except conformation. F&F took it upon themselves to do this for the obedience/agility community so I try not to be too hard on them.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know AKC doesn't care about it. Front and Finish does it but I have only been a subscriber for just over a year so I haven't ever seen it published. I was told it was in last year in the april or may issue? Thats a good idea about the club secretary's I belong ot a couple so I will ask them...
Its just kinda frustrating trying to see where I ranked. I think I had 60 First and Foremost points and last year the winning dog had 57pts.? in Novice A. I might have enough pts to place 4th or so in the combined Novice (A and B) for the labs.... I just can't stand it anymore I want to know...lol

Kelly and Amber

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Gosh, Kelly...I don't know, but my fingers are crossed for you! :) I hope you and Amber are ranked right up there!!!

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Kzunell said:
I was told it was in last year in the april or may issue?
They publish different rankings over several summer months. Usually the only ones published are the Open/Utility ratings for B classes. I think Novice has only been published once that I can remember and I don't ever remember Nov A being published.

Last years data is not a good one to use for deciding if you have enough points to place. The database was corrupted and it took several months to get it corrected and I'm not sure the real data was ever republished once the incorrect data was published. It was such a mess. They even ranked dogs that hadn't even shown that year. ::)

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well I started a spreadsheet using data from the AKC website. So far I have all of November done and the first two weeks of January. It took me about 4 hours to do that much so I should be able to do all of Novice A in about 40 more hours. So if i seem absent you know what I will be doing.. ;D

Kelly and Amber

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dang as soon as I started I got a reply from Front and Finish saying they would have the Novice A ratings in their August issue. Their July Issue has been online for a week or so. So in a couple of weeks The August issue should be online. So if I don't die from anticipation we should know soon. Come on Amber!!!

Kelly and Amber

1 - 7 of 7 Posts