Just Labradors banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The husband of the American couple on the plane was a former colleague and good friend of my husband. He actually tried to get my husband to join the company he worked for because he was being transferred down to Rio and wanted to find a replacement for his job in Houston. (Mark took a job with a different company, though.) They got together just a couple of months ago when Mike was back in town to catch up, and they exchanged emails pretty regularly. They were absolutely loving living in Rio.

Mark heard yesterday morning, and he's obviously upset about the news. I wanted to wait to say anything publicly until after it was definitely confirmed they were on the plane. They have a grown son, and they will be deeply missed. What a tragedy.

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
That is such a tragedy..so sad. I hope they can piece together at least a probable cause fo that this kind of thing can be avoided in the future. I feel for those on the plane and their families in the aftermath of it.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
A very tragic event and even moreso when you know someone personally. I'm sorry for Mark and you and all of the families, friends and loved ones of all the victims.

RIP

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Something I meant to say in my previous post was that I am so sorry for Mark. I know that is a shock and my sympathies.

One thing that amazes me..I saw the news report of this on AOL news. They allow people to post comments about a story. What amazes me is how some folks, no matter if from the roght or left, politicize things like this. Go figure. Everyone on board that flight had people on the ground who loved them and are grieving because of the loss.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
I'm so sorry, Ursula. This was such a devastating loss. I pray that it happened so quickly that they were not aware of what was going on.

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
I'm so sorry, give Mark a big hug.

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
This has been such tragic news. I am sorry to hear that Mark knew someone. My thoughts are with all the family and friends of those aboard.

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss -- and that of all the other family members of those lost.

I pray that, out of this, they'll find reasons and causes that will lead to remedies that will reduce or eliminate the probability of such tragedies in the future.

·
Registered
6,666 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear that you and Mark have lost a friend. Such a tragic accident.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
It's all just so sad. I'm sorry for your husband's loss. :(

1 - 17 of 17 Posts