Just Labradors banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just had the labs out in the pool...
Aidan is still getting used to jumping in from the side. He does fine in the pool swimming but he's not quite at the jumping in stage yet.

Emma, on the other hand, could be a dock diver...she flies through the air with the greatest of ease.

Aidan obviously wanted to do what Emma was doing. Can't be bettered by your big sis, right? It took him several minutes to talk himself into it.

So he gathers up some speed...hits the edge of the tile and did the most perfect belly flop I've ever seen. It was like a cannonball but much prettier lol. The kids made such a fuss over him that he thought he did something REALLY good and repeated his performance. Another perfect belly flop...legs splayed out and everything....but this time he sank lol OOPS

That was it for him. He surfaced sputtering, swam over to the steps, got out and baked his buns in the sun for the rest of the time.

We'll try again tomorrow and I'll shoot some video of it. I'm getting a waterproof canister for the video camera for Mother's Day. At least I HOPE i got one, that's what I asked for

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
LOL Aidan!

Jake loves to swim, usually we can't get him out of the water - only problem is if swimming involves jumping in or off anything (into a pool, off a dock, etc.) he can't do it. He will howl and whine and pace and dip his front feet in off the side, but the poor boy is to afraid to jump ::)

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
OMG, i can just picture that !!! I'd love to see pics of that !!

Melissa
;)

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
LMAO!!!!

I just had a flashback of Molly diving into your pool last summer :p I let go of her harness she ran to the edge *pause* jumped in and sank....and then Jeff had to show her how to get out...ohhhh gosh now I can't stop laughing

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
AbbyandMolly said:
LMAO!!!!

I just had a flashback of Molly diving into your pool last summer :p I let go of her harness she ran to the edge *pause* jumped in and sank....and then Jeff had to show her how to get out...ohhhh gosh now I can't stop laughing
lol I have a picture of that! Wait let me go find it

nope...it was Abby not Molly who needed a rescue :)

·
Registered
11,079 Posts

nope...it was Abby not Molly who needed a rescue
Uhh, that's Reggie who is being rescued there.

I have our first in person meeting imprinted in my mind. I walked in and was trying to introduce myself and put stuff down, etc and you said just let Reggie go with the other dogs and we'll get you squared away. I took off his leash and let him go, and came over to talk. Before we knew it, he beelined for the pool and jumped right in like he was an old pro and he swam in your pool everyday ;D. But he doesn't and didn't get the concept of deep end/shallow end and shallow end is where the steps are so he was just swimming around (and around) looking a little lost (he was stuck ;)). And you calmly yelled over, Jeff make sure Reggie doesn't drown. And the next thing we knew Jeff was helping Reggie out of the pool. Looks like he wasn't the only one. ;)

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
WTG Aidan!

Hahahahaha! Poor Reggie!

That's Jack standing next to the left of Jeffrey. I wonder if that was before or after Jack needed rescuing himself? I think he must still have his claw prints inbedded in the cement! He was so petrified!

Let's just hope 90 lb Flabby Abby doesn't do a cannonball into your pool. You may not have any water left!

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Rangermom said:

nope...it was Abby not Molly who needed a rescue
Uhh, that's Reggie who is being rescued there.

I have our first in person meeting imprinted in my mind. I walked in and was trying to introduce myself and put stuff down, etc and you said just let Reggie go with the other dogs and we'll get you squared away. I took off his leash and let him go, and came over to talk. Before we knew it, he beelined for the pool and jumped right in like he was an old pro and he swam in your pool everyday ;D. But he doesn't and didn't get the concept of deep end/shallow end and shallow end is where the steps are so he was just swimming around (and around) looking a little lost (he was stuck ;)). And you calmly yelled over, Jeff make sure Reggie doesn't drown. And the next thing we knew Jeff was helping Reggie out of the pool. Looks like he wasn't the only one. ;)
ROTF!!! I forgot! That's right it WAS Reggie lmbo! Oh well, no matter...there were a few rescues that day. The best of which was Pat saving her baby, Jack Ryan. She became Superwoman or something and gained the strength of 5 men...reached in a scooped that boy out with one hand! Amazing what we do for our babies lol

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
OMG... I am LOLing @ the visual of Aidan, aka the Pork Chop Belly Flop King!!!

Oh hey, I think he's got a new nickname... PORK CHOP BELLY FLOP

1 - 14 of 14 Posts