Just Labradors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bet you didn't even notice that I was gone!

We left Wednesday for Iowa - Nick's best friend got married (he was a groomsman). We had to go early so the guys could go fishing before the festivities began.

I had a BLAST. We saw so many friends...we've all moved away now, but we were all together this weekend, including some I hadn't seen in a few years. We all were staying at the same hotel, and the rehearsal dinner was there too, so it got crazy. :D Let me tell you, you Irish Catholics know how to party!! After rehearsal dinner was over, all of us friends went to the hotel pool and sat at a table playing spoons and drinking beer (pool was open to adults only at the time - no worries). Of course someone got thrown in in their dress clothes, and someone else slipped and fell (and had to hobble down the aisle the next day). I swear, I haven't laughed so hard in a long time...my husband and his friends having pool-noodle fights. ::) The front desk lady was very courteous, even when a friend rolled up his pants and went and asked her for some toys... ROFL...brother, we were behaving like children! :-\ ;D

The wedding went wonderfully, the reception was great and I got a bunch of phone numbers from old friends...it was a great reunion. I kept laughing out loud at work today thinking about all the fun we had.

Here's Nick and I at the reception:

And that is as dressed up as you will ever see either of us!

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Oooo, I have been to an Irish Catholic wedding! I don't remember much after the first two hours! :D

Glad you guys had fun! That sounds like a blast! :) It's always neat to see old friends, and especially on such a happy occasion. You two are ADORABLE!! And I love your new siggy! So sweet. :angel:

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
I'm glad to hear you had fun! Out of curiosity, how long did the "Goodbyes" take? (we've stood in the lobby saying goodbye for 2 hours!) ;D

All our weddings are Irish Catholic weddings! It's a curse I tells ya! ;D

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
That sounds like so much fun Janna!! You guys look great in the pic. :)

Is that you in your siggy pic? Beautiful picture!!

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Out of curiosity, how long did the "Goodbyes" take? (we've stood in the lobby saying goodbye for 2 hours!)
F-O-R-E-V-E-R!! ;D :D We stood around talking, staying goodbye, hugging and then talking some more! It was wonderful.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
Janna and Boomer said:
Out of curiosity, how long did the "Goodbyes" take? (we've stood in the lobby saying goodbye for 2 hours!)
F-O-R-E-V-E-R!! ;D :D We stood around talking, staying goodbye, hugging and then talking some more! It was wonderful.
Irish goodbyes are the best!

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Sounds like SO much fun! You guys look great, and I LOVE your siggie pic!

Our wedding was a bit like that as well, just a big party with 220 of our closest friends & family. Hey, Acadien and Italian east coast Catholics know how to party too! :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts