Just Labradors banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was outside my neighbor's apartment with Abbey, my neighbor and her dog (Daisy from the other pictures). They were running around playing with each other, Abbey was digging holes in the dirt looking for moles and my neighbor and I were sitting by the citronella candle watching the hummingbirds.

Couple minutes later, I see Abbey do a body roll all over something on the ground! I thought it was goose poop, which is allll over the place, but it was a dead baby bird.. guts exposed!! :eek:

She stunk so bad, and I spashed some water on her and got some of the nastiness out before I took her inside, but ewwwwww. What do they find so fascinating about rolling over in poop/dead animals/anything nasty?! :eek::(:eek:

·
Registered
601 Posts
bwahahahahha

None of mine have done this yet.

·
Registered
601 Posts
You better knock on wood. The next thing you'll need is Sam-wise learning this trick from Abbey. Make sure he didn't read this!! ;)
I'd be more worried about Abbey learning stuff from Sam :p

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
I'm so grateful Sammi avoids really stinky things at all cost! Even her own poop, wants nothing to do with it:D

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Oh yuck! My sister's dog (lab x) was notorius for rolling on dead worms. Weird.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Oh YUCK!!! :eek:

Sally found a dead bird once, and it was right after a big rain. So the dead bird was all wet and squishy. I, too, didn't realize what she was doing until it was too late. And this was at the park. I had to ride home with her in my car stinking like that!!!!! :mad: :eek:

·
Registered
13 Posts
We have two free range chickens here, and you just have to laugh, when Merlin is let out first thing in the morning, and he will sniff out a fresh Chicken poo, then fling himself onto his back and wriggle around like an upside down cockroach in it.
:):p

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Abbey,

You come live with Hershey Kisses. The two of you can roll in stinkies together, then off to the river to wash off. That is even better than rolling in the stuff to begin with. I just don't understand Mom's problem.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Well at least she just rolled in it, Bauer brought a baby bird to me the other day. It must have fallen out of a nest, and he was out playing with it in the yard. I could see him batting something around and pouncing on it, but I couldn't tell what it was. I told him to "bring it", and he did. Scooped it up in his mouth, and dropped it at my feet. Dead, baby bird . . . :eek:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts