Just Labradors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
UPDATE: It was fabulous! There were about 25 handlers and 30 dogs there. We divided up into 5 teams with each team having various levels of agility. Jack and I were novice. The first game was "dogs choice" and there were two tunnels, the A-frame and about 6 jumps set up. You had 35 seconds to go through as many obstacles as you could, with the A-frame counting 5 points, the tunnels 3 points, and the jumps 1 point. You couldn't do the same obstacle twice in a row. If you knocked down the bar on the jump, it didn't count. At the end of your time, they blew a whistle and you had to do a down on the table, which was in the middle of the ring. If you touched the table during the run, you were disqualified. Our team won this game and Jack got a new toy for his little sister!

The second game was a regular agility course with optional distance points. There was no time involved, and if your dog refused you could try it again. You got 10 points for finishing and a 5 point penalty if you knocked down any bars. You could stand behind a taped line in between the tunnel and the A-frame to get your dog to go up the A-frame out of the tunnel and get 15 more points if you wanted to. The line was back farther for Advanced and Excellent. Jack and I got 25 points, but our team didn't win this one.

I can't wait to go back this Friday!

We're going to try something new tonight. My training facility is starting an agility league, for all levels of dogs. I'll let you know how they do it and how it went on Monday. Wish us luck!

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
It sounds like fun. Actually the first one sounds a lot like the AKC FAST class (alloted time, points for obstacles, extra pts for distance, no obstacle done back to back, etc).

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Sounds like so much fun. I wish we had something like that around here. It would be a blast. That first class sounds a bit like USDAA Gambler's class. I hope you have many more fun nights with this group.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll let you know what we do this Friday. I can't believe it was $15 for four weeks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts