Just Labradors banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never really believed those who said male dogs are more affectionate than females. M&J are so affectionate, especially Mitzi, they usually are right at my side. But after Bruno, I must agree that the males are real lover boys. Bruno always has to be touching me. He owns my lap; M&J never have a chance to sit on my lap any more. His recall off leash is 100%, I never worry about where he is. He seems to always want to please me. If the girls don't come when I call them, he rounds them up like he's a Border Collie.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
I looove my boyz too!! :D I can't imagine ever *not* having boyz now.

Ollie is my cuddler. He's the one who needs to be touching me at all time. If we're on the couch, he has to be leaning against me or have his head in my lap (or Vic's, either lap will do). He will let me hug him and smoosh on him and kiss him and comes back for more. If I'm working in the kitchen, he's very happy wedged between my legs.

Hen is more of a "love me when I say" kinda guy.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Koda's my snuggler, but she's not a lick-y lab.. tuck, prefers his own space, but he's all about kisses..

Hard to say for me, really.. they're both super affectionate in their own way.

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
Willy is my snuggle buddy! He has to sleep with his head right up on the pillow with me and always wants cuddles and kisses. If Libby gets too crowded, she gets up and leaves. But she does love a good belly or butt rub.

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
Both of my girls are very affectionate. But Rush is the real lovebug. She has to be close to me or touching me all the time. I love it. Never had a boy dog so can't compare.:)

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Both ofmine are definitely affectionate, only in different ways. Barney is more of a cuddler, Tal loves to give kisses and get scratched behind the ears and a butt scratch. Both are velcro dogs!

I've never had a female so not really anything to compare it to. When I got Barney i was actually looking for a female. I figured it would be more harmonious with a male and female, rather than two males. But when I saw Barney, I dunno, I just kinda knew.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts