Just Labradors banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
My lab had an unexpected romantic encounter while with her dog Walker ( who assured me she didn’t have any in tack males that day but forgot about one 12 month old ) and we thought she was having a phantom pregnancy after her first season
However after several obvious changes and a trip to the vet who also thought it was phantom did a scan to put everyone’s mind at rest to find at least 4-7 fully formed about 6 week old puppies!
Obviously we never had plans to breed her but now have to adapt and after hours of research and making things ready I am concerned
She is still very active eating playing and generally happy resting a lot more. Not interested in the welping box at all
I have been taking her temperature as suggested and that’s what concerns me. It’s never got above 99.8 (only been doing it for 3 days) that’s when all the stuff arrived
We have another lab and much to her disgust hers was over 100 so I am concerned about her
Any advice please

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi
My lab had an unexpected romantic encounter while with her dog Walker ( who assured me she didn’t have any in tack males that day but forgot about one 12 month old ) and we thought she was having a phantom pregnancy after her first season
However after several obvious changes and a trip to the vet who also thought it was phantom did a scan to put everyone’s mind at rest to find at least 4-7 fully formed about 6 week old puppies!
Obviously we never had plans to breed her but now have to adapt and after hours of research and making things ready I am concerned
She is still very active eating playing and generally happy resting a lot more. Not interested in the welping box at all
I have been taking her temperature as suggested and that’s what concerns me. It’s never got above 99.8 (only been doing it for 3 days) that’s when all the stuff arrived
We have another lab and much to her disgust hers was over 100 so I am concerned about her
Any advice please
If you don’t mind me asking what types of changes did you notice. I’m wondering if my dog is having a phantom pregnancy or if she is actually pregnant. I never actually saw an encounter so I’m not sure

1 - 2 of 2 Posts