Just Labradors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We took our 6 m/o puppy to MI for pre-deployment leave. Well we are staying with my parents and brother and sister.
We have been here for 4 days now, hes very used to being around them and their house. Well when we go see other family or friends my family watches him. Last night we get home and he is scared to go outside. Scared of us to go near his face, just acting very scared of everything-even got his first bark! My concern is that my brother had a temper tantrum yesterday and I am afraid he hit him! Is there something specific I should do to let him know this wont happen from us? He's just very frightful of everything! HELP PLEASE! Thanks

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did and of course they said no, but they also think that I am too protective of him--which I don't see as a terrible thing! Hes my baby!

·
Registered
9,693 Posts
Understand the baby thing! Go about your normal routine with him - don't make it worse - however, spend a little time stroking the face and petting nicely so he isn't scared of your hands...and make going out upbeat! I'd be worried and PO'd too!

BTW - when does Hubby leave again - know it's soon! Please feel free to stop in here and vent / whine / cry as necessary - and Thank your husband from me and mine! GOD BLESS!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Understand the baby thing! Go about your normal routine with him - don't make it worse - however, spend a little time stroking the face and petting nicely so he isn't scared of your hands...and make going out upbeat! I'd be worried and PO'd too!

BTW - when does Hubby leave again - know it's soon! Please feel free to stop in here and vent / whine / cry as necessary - and Thank your husband from me and mine! GOD BLESS!
Thanks very much. He will be leaving between Tues(10th) and Thurs(13th). So far I am ok, but we've been busy and I know when he leaves I will just fall apart for a few days, so thank you for all your kind words. :)

·
Registered
9,693 Posts
You'll be fine! We will listen when you need us to! Hugs - you can do this, and what do you think will happen to your furbaby if he sees you falling apart! (Not that you won't but having someone else depending on you will help!)

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
I think there's a VERY good possibility that your pup was NOT mistreated by anyone. Pups at this age go through a FEAR PERIOD. Accusing your family of doing something like that (or harboring that suspicion) could well be very unfair and completely unwarranted.

If they said they didn't, accept their statements at face value -- don't try to read their minds and motives; doing so usually leads to self-fulfilling disasters.

And please see:

http://www.dogclub.co.uk/advice/puppygrowth.php

Also Google puppy fear period to get suggestions as to how to best handle it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts