Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Should be ok with exercise

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I’m really in love with Labrador Retrievers but I’m staying in condo that don’t allow dogs but many keep still keep small sized dogs in their homes so I’m a bit worried to adopt a medium sized dog. Any advice guys, of adopting a lab in a condo? I really want to have this dog really would appreciate the advice you guys give.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I have never understood the size requirement. From my experience the smaller the dog the louder they are. I raised my first lab in a small appartment and my neighbors never complained. Labs will adapt to your lifestyle. An active owner, an active Lab. Couch potato owner, couch potato Lab. This is why they are the most popular breed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The thing I'd worry about is not the size of the dog in a small apartment, but what you will do when the management catches you. Will you have to rehome your dog? Would you be willing to move in order to keep your dog? If the management has a stated no-dog policy, and you knowingly violate it, you won't have much of a case.

Labs are really not medium dogs, anyway. At 60-80 pounds, they're more often considered a large breed. Even so, a condo can be a fine place to raise a Lab if the owner is dedicated to being a good caretaker. That means long walks several times every day, whatever the weather, and serious training to develop a good companion.

As I said, my main concern is about the consequences of breaking the no-dog policy in such a flagrant manner. You need to think about what you'd do if..... Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts