Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have it, is it worth the cost? Pro's, Con's- it looks like it could be fun- and I'm really tired of photobucket. Thoughts?? TIA - Di

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Photoshop is for photo and design professionals. Is it worth it for us? Absolutely. Is it worth it for pics of flowers, kids, pets and various other pictures you're posting to the web.. no.

There's a very large learning curve to photoshop.. if you're looking for something to do basic editing, perhaps adobe elements? I'm not sure.. photobucket is for storage though, is it not? If you're looking for that kind of website.. how about flickr?

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Photoshop is expensive, but there are lots of photo editing software programs out there that are more reasonable for editing home photographs. Check Best Buy (or other store that sells software), or google photo editing software and see what you can find.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Photoshop is expensive and will require training. Paintshop or Adobe Photoshop Elements is a better option and user friendly.
Actually the one I saw at Costco is Adobe Photo shop Elements. Kelli, Photo-bucket is for storage, you can do minimal editing, it moves really slow- and I don't like the format. I really wanted to start having a little more fun with my photos- use to do alot more and really enjoyed it. Thought it could be a hobby I would pick back up as I get closer to retiring!

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
I second Photoshop Elements for the average person.

I use Photo Impact myself but do have Elements on this computer.

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
Editing photos beyond just cropping is something I've always wanted to learn, but haven't taken the time yet. You might consider taking a course at a community college (that's what I'd like to do--maybe when I finish my Masters degree!).

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Editing photos beyond just cropping is something I've always wanted to learn, but haven't taken the time yet. You might consider taking a course at a community college (that's what I'd like to do--maybe when I finish my Masters degree!).
Isn't there a photo cropping or editing book for dummies!!:D I do really well, reading and doing. Probably would end up skipping the class!

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
And just to put my 2 cents in - if you are or have a kid in college - college students and faculty are entitled to an academic discount on software. The discount on many titles is phenomenal.

journeyed.com is one source - they will need to verify your status as a student/faculty member (or whoever buys it for you).

·
Registered
6,666 Posts
The photographer who took Darby's photos recommended Adobe Photoshop Elements to me. Costco comes out with a coupon every so often and I got it for $49. I think the regular costco price was $79 and at Best Buy was $99.

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
Amazon has Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2 for 24.99...it's a lightning deal so only good for the next 4 hours or until it sells out. It's under Today's deals at the top of the page.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Amazon has Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2 for 24.99...it's a lightning deal so only good for the next 4 hours or until it sells out. It's under Today's deals at the top of the page.
Must of missed the deal, but I'll keep my eye's open:)

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
I was a production manager for 3 magazines and used Photoshop all the time. You need training in it; it's not an easy program to use. I would go with Photoelements which is much cheaper and easier to use.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts