Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else work somewhere that celebrates this day?

Clearly my office does. We had breakfast today and the lawyers took their girls out for lunch today. My boss and I are going Friday. We also got $50 gift cards to the mall (or at least that is what I got).

I love this new job, they do some many things for us. Never worked somewhere, that told you everday they are thankful that you are here working. GOOD STUFF!!!

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
new boss......so no, nothing :(

but I do tend to get better / more presents at Christmas than the other woman here.... 8)

·
Registered
578 Posts
Clearly my office does NOT! LOL. I haven't even seen my boss today. Although, it is nice out so he may be out with the other men in the office playing golf like they did monday ::) ::) ::)

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Yes, my office does. Yesterday there were ice cream sundaes and usually every non-attorney gets some type of gift, one year it was a little radio. I share my assistant with two other attorneys and we got her a nice gift certificate to a fancy spa. She seemed very pleased. I once worked at a firm where one of the named partners, he was like 85 at the time, put on a Krispy Kreme hat and went around serving everyone donuts.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I just got flowers from my boss. Her and I are the only two that work the real estate side. She is so nice.

·
Registered
16,476 Posts
We'll have a little program, snacks, etc. today.

Female boss gave her staff flowers; I gave my secretary flowers.

Lunch for the firm on Friday (but I'm taking the day off).

Happy Administrative Professional Day!!

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Nope. The five guys I work with haven't even acknowledged I'm here today. Last year they gave me a card a week late and it seems they've forgotten this year altoghether. Not like I just expect gifts or anything but it would be nice if someone at least acknowledged what today is, considering I always make a big deal out of boss' day. Yet again I don't want it if they don't mean it.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha !!!! Our boss bitches about having to give us federal holidays off! We all should work for free and be thankful for that!

If I had an assistant, I would have done something nice. I don't, so I'll leave early today as a special treat!

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
That is awesome Sam!! I got lunch today but that's it. I don't expect much more though - we do alot through the year kinda here.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
i do. as a teacher, our secretary is a valuable resource to our jobs. we bought her a beautiful planted miniature rose bush and 50.00 gift card to the olive garden. she does so much for us.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
To my fellow administrative professionals...happy administrative professionals day!!

Our office is great about this. All the admins get a bouquet of flowers. Our department tried to get us all together for lunch but the schedules weren't working so they pitched in and got us $50 gift cards.

The only downside is that while our receptionist got flowers, our office services person didn't. Our receptionist bitched that the flowers were ugly and she was only going to keep two of them and throw the rest away. I felt so bad that Gina didn't get any flowers at all that I took a bunch out of mine and the other girls and made a bouquet for her.

Other than that, they do take care of us here. We're pretty spoiled.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
heh, our boss said you're not AP's you are CSR's

i wasn't aware that customer service reps do book-keeping and shift reports for the CEO

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
The school's secretaries are given a really nice flower arrangement each year. This year they were pretty spring flowers in a white basket. I think they are from the principal (not the school board).

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
I gave each of the school secretaries a Thank You card. . . I will be giving a small gift to each at the end of the year as I am leaving and want to let them know how much I care.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
My boss totally forgot about it, and the Japanese don't recognize it. :( My boss is usually very considerate, but he was leaving early to chaperone his daughter's orchestra trip to Montreal for a competition, so he was a little preoccupied. I will remind him when he returns next week! ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts