Just Labradors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i finally plucked up the courage to start reading Marley and Me. The only reason it has taken this long is the fact i hate sad books and i have been told it is a very sad one!

Anyway i thought i would be safe at least until near the end but no, a couple of chapters in and i was already crying :'(

It is very funny aswell though so i know i will have to finish it. Isn't it spooky how alike all labs are?!?! John Grogan could have been writing about Bobs!

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
that is my favorite book and i do a ton of reading. it was very sad at the end and my husband kept asking why i read those types of books that make me cry but when i'm done, i appreciate my girls that much more and make sure to lavish them with more love.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
I just read it last week and thought it was phenomenal. I know in previous posts people called him a bad dog owner but I completely disagree - he made mistakes of course, but it was their first dog.

I balled my eyes out at the end.

·
Registered
7,913 Posts
I read it on the plane back from Florida last February. I knew about the ending so I decided to read the rest of it when we landed. Got home and finished it. :'(

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
I got the book for XMas and haven't read it yet. I can't handle sad dog stories.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
jzgrlduff said:
I got the book for XMas and haven't read it yet. I can't handle sad dog stories.
Amy, it's a happy/sad story. Keep in mind that it was written for a general audience and not Lab enthusiasts. If Grogan were to post any part of his book in JL, he would have been flamed, brutalized and voted off the island.

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
I think I'm the only lab owner on earth who didn't care for the book. :-\

1 - 8 of 8 Posts