Just Labradors banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Grief!

The boy loves the chute now too. At our trial this past weekend I planned out our gamblers run... jump, Tire, jump, etc..

Remington decided his own course and did the jump and zoomed into the chute, promptly got on his back and did a twister routine in there, almost tying himself shut in the fabric, he came out, and zoomed right back in!! Got him out of there and he did another jump, and zoomed into a tunnel, skidded on his back and went to town rubbing up and down, feet flailing and kicking the top side of the tunnel.

I had my back to the judge and I literally was punching on the sides of the tunnel yelling at him to get out of there, his head finally poked out and I grabbed onto his forelegs and dragged him out.

The judge approached, laughing and said she was really enjoying that!

I told her it was beyond funny now, and had become a bad habit.

And me and Remington exited the ring by doing a teeter and jump for fun.

What am I to do with this boy!! Oh my. He's got a reputation now. Everyone knows him, they all ask me.. "Is your dog going to do tunnels today!!!"

Needless to say, we got no Q's over the weekend.

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Sad to say I probably would be one of those laughing on the side lines! I hope you can figure out a solution to Remingtons over exuberance!

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
I'm sure it was amusing to watch - but you're right - you got a problem there lady. Not knowing anything about training for agility, I'd go to a more experienced trainer and see what they suggested. Somehow going THROUGH the tunnel and chute has to be more rewarding than playing IN it. I wouldn't reward him by letting him do anything "fun" after he got out of it - just exit the ring. If he does it "right", then treat him and let him do a few more fun things. Play in the tunnel - fun done.

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
chutes can be dangerous too :(

I'm with Pat - fun has to be together - making up own courses and doing own thing means agility ends ...

I wouldn't have been laughing (too hard I hope) as my gal Sal is also a creative course designer at times ..

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Sorry, but I have had a really tough week and the picture I got of him going through the chute like he does the tunnel made me laugh! I know it's a pain but thanks for the laugh!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts